ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Lots of pretty stuff to shoot up in Canada, hope you get some nice pics

QUOTE=ryphoto;491674]Hey all im new here, not to forums but new to photography.
    Right now I have just a basic point and shoot camera but I am currently shopping for a more advanced camera. That is why I am here to get some information and help.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jay,

Hope you got the camera you wanted to get and that you're having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkPhotography View Post
    Hey everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jay, I just joined the forums today. I own pentax brand cameras, both the K20d and the K-x. I live in Baltimore MD, got my own small photography company (just starting up), and I just started a DSLR review channel on YouTube where i review various DSLR products. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    I look forward to talking more to you guys in the forums!
    cya

Jay

Hi,
    I have been selling some photos online but now need a better digital camera hd but now sure what to go for i have a buget of about 500 dollars any ideas please,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    Welcome Travis. Hope to see some images. - Terry
    Hi can you give me some tips, i have sold a few photos online but i need a better hd camera for about 500 dollors any ideas some thing simple i think,
    David.

-Selling photos online-

Hi all,

I need to upgrade my old sony , i need to take some clear hd pics close up in day light,
    what should i look for, my price range is about 500 dollors,
    I need some thing simple .
    Thanks
    David.

Hello Gang

Getting the bug to shoot more. Mainly stemming from my passion for nature and car racing. Getting really frustrated with my little kodak easyshare. Especially after looking thru a Nikon D90 this weekend at a race with a 300mm lens . Lets me know just what i've been missing!!! We must put a stop to that

HI First time. Have A Nikon D500 that takes flat photos in the auto mode. What do I do to add contrast. Thanks

Hello, Looking forward to getting better with my new Nikon D5100.
    Steve

Hello everyone I'm Kathleen from Los Angeles..
    I love photography and my favorite subjects a re people and fashion or clothing..
    glad to be here..

Mongo

Hello to all. After 75 years of tinkering around on this planet and having a long-term desire to know much more about photography and be able to put it to use, i have just today found this forum.

Wow! A tremendous amount of information to be read and digested. Kudos to all those who have managed to put it all together.

I first became interested in photography long ago (circa mid-1970's to mid-80's) but nothing much ever came of it. Back then I had a Minolta SLR with a couple of special lenses (details of which are forgotten). I even had my own home processing system.
    Alas, all of those older photos are lost.

Then at 14 years ago, I bought my first point-and-shoot digital and managed to take quite a few interesting shots which also have been lost by the wayside. During that time my job took most of my time and energy so did not pursue the more intricate details of photography, just friendly snapshots.

Now that I am retired and have more time to relax and enjoy what life has to offer I have rekindled my photography interests. I expect to have many questions which will be hopefully answered by participating in this website. In return I will be happy to post my photos for your review and enjoyment if you are interested.

Thank you for allowing me to join. I have a lot to learn

Mongo

I would like to welcome all our new members and hope you jump right in on the forums. We are looking forward to your questions and seeing some of your work, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mongo

Hi again,

This is my 2nd post and have a question about post-photo processing software.
    I am aware there are many such software programs out there. Some are simply called photo managers.

I am on a strict budget now being retired so am mostly interested in what might be the best 'free' programs. I have used Photoshop CS3 (slightly), and MSFT Picture Manager, and currently use Photoscape a lot. Any thought out there about what might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo1936 View Post
    Hi again,

This is my 2nd post and have a question about post-photo processing software.
    I am aware there are many such software programs out there. Some are simply called photo managers.

I am on a strict budget now being retired so am mostly interested in what might be the best 'free' programs. I have used Photoshop CS3 (slightly), and MSFT Picture Manager, and currently use Photoscape a lot. Any thought out there about what might be better.
    Depending on your camera make most companies have some sort of freeware. I know Olympus does and Sony too. It's not fancy and gets the basics done. It should be a free download. There is Gimp as well. Though I have never used it it's a knock off of PS. But many use it.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Hello! My name is Judy and I am a new Photoholic! I must confess I have the bug. My husband got me a Canon D600 for my birthday last December and I have been obsessed ever since. The first time I missed a great shot, my heart broke. I've actually broken up with boyfriends with less heartache!

I am really happy to find this forum, I've got lots of questions and need lots of feedback on my pictures. I am quickly realizing that I am boring my friends and family to death with every new set of photos I take. Poor souls.

I am really curious to find out what everyone thinks about how much post-processing is too much. I have been searching the photoblogs and websites and was really surprised to see how much goes on... and HDR? I have seen some that were exceptional and fit the occassion, but some...

That being said, I confess, I too use quite a bit of post-processing and love it, so I quess I am asking where the line is between too little and too much...

I look forward to all feedback and finding friends on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

newbie from burleson,texas/usa..

my name is jeremy melugin and i own a canon powershot A480 al-af diginal camera (blue color),i got it for Christmas from my parents back in Christmas of the year 2008 i think..

it can also do video and has built in mic for sound as well and i'm happy

as for today 2/10/12>> i still got that same camera

the pics you see was taken by me on that same camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome!!-400660_10150448920913170_508923169_8636434_1687374094_n.jpg   Welcome!!-407171_10150477847213170_508923169_8768206_1536904980_n.jpg  

Srivastava

HI all I am Srivastava.. new to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminewilson View Post
    Hello friend........I am jasmine. I have seen Many design of fan. Its really wonderful thanks to sharing.....................:thumbsup:
    thanks jasmine and i love your name!!!!

Hello all love the photos

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just discovered this forum and after reading a few threads and liking the tone of responses, decided that this is a community I would enjoy being a part of.

I've been taking pictures for over 45 years, using Pentax SLR's (film), Canon EOS's (film), and for the last 20 years Nikon SLR's (film and digital).

Currently I shoot with D200, D7000 or an FM3. Subject matter ranging from marco subjects, landscapes, portraits, aircraft, to F1 Grand Prix racing.

To the members that have created the dialogues contained herein, Thank You.:thumbsup:

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by KKKKCCCC View Post
    Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    welcome.. i am new here!!

Hi I am Steve from Wildlife Encounters.

Ex safari guide and now full time photographer.

I love to learn and experiment with different styles.

My passion is nature and wildlife in particular African wildlife (love to be in the bush)

But I am also passionate about photography so I photograph just about anything.

This is my website if you would like to see my work:

Wildlife Encounters

Last edited by wildenc; 02-25-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Addition of url

Hello all

I'm jimmy, new here. Found your awesome community with a simple google search (isnt technology wonderful) I'm mainly going to be post questions (in the pirate community we call that leeching) but I will also be posting my work. I have tons of questions on lenses. I'm shooting with Canon 28 mm - 135 mm 3.5-5.6 EF. On a rebel T2i. My problem I'm having right now is that I video a lot on it, mainly skating at dusk and I'm getting a very pixelated image. Can anyone tell me what to do! I'm shooting in auto ISO.

Hi all,i have rediscovered photography ,used to have a nikon 35mm camera and now have a digital, a slightly old minolta Dimage A1 (but its a lot younger than me).hope to pick up new tips.

Hi, new here, just wasting space so I can get my post count up to where I can start threads. My burning question, which I may not even be able to get answered in this thread, is how 's it possible for "compact super zoom" digital cameras, like my Panasonic DMC-FZ18 -- from which I just upgraded to a Nikon D7000 -- to have an 18-504mm f2.8-4.2 lens (this model is actually few years old now; these kinds of cams are available with zooms up to 864mm/36x now), when a lens like that for the DSLR I just bought would cost at least $10K, if it was even available!?

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information