ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

What a day.... :s

Yesterday was a long day... I got up at 2:00am, at work by 3:00, done at 1:00. From there I went straight to my photo class, spent about 45 minutes in class, then the next 5+ hours in the darkroom, with very little to show for it. I think I managed to screw up everything I tried last night....too dark, too light, dirty negatives.... very frustraiting day. I did manage to get my hands on the Fuji Photography 3500 and printed a couple of my digital photos. WOW, this printer is incredible!!! I tried to print some thing on the Epson 2200, but it came out messed up, must have been low on ink. I finaly made it back home around 9:00pm, a quick bite to eat and straight to bed. I was wiped out to say the least. It was really nice getting to sleep in this morning, I didn't have to get up till 3:00am today, if you can call that sleeping in... :s Now I have to find some time to get back in the lab to get my assignment done...

Just needed to vent a little.
    Michael
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Yesterday was a long day... I got up at 2:00am, at work by 3:00, done at 1:00. From there I went straight to my photo class, spent about 45 minutes in class, then the next 5+ hours in the darkroom, with very little to show for it. I think I managed to screw up everything I tried last night....too dark, too light, dirty negatives.... very frustraiting day. I did manage to get my hands on the Fuji Photography 3500 and printed a couple of my digital photos. WOW, this printer is incredible!!! I tried to print some thing on the Epson 2200, but it came out messed up, must have been low on ink. I finaly made it back home around 9:00pm, a quick bite to eat and straight to bed. I was wiped out to say the least. It was really nice getting to sleep in this morning, I didn't have to get up till 3:00am today, if you can call that sleeping in... :s Now I have to find some time to get back in the lab to get my assignment done...

Just needed to vent a little.
    Michael
    Great now I'm tired....

Reading your post has wiped me out.

almo
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I'm sorry it went so badly for you...sounds like you were tired to start. My hubby worked the midnight to 8am shift for years..it's brutal...Hang in there...

as they say this too shall pass...greater days ahead,
    ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks for the encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I'm sorry it went so badly for you...sounds like you were tired to start. My hubby worked the midnight to 8am shift for years..it's brutal...Hang in there...

as they say this too shall pass...greater days ahead,
    ;)

It was a long day, but a great learning expierance. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the darkroom and getting it right!! After a good long nap that is. ;)
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I'm going to be in the same position Monday - I have one of those weekends that's solid from Friday night to Sunday night...

Fuji Pictography 3500's make great prints. I've been to Jim Brandenburg's gallery in Ely, MN and his smaller prints are made on one. I was so impressed with the print quality I had to ask how they were made.

Thread Information