What a day.... :s

Printable View

• 09-29-2004, 03:28 AM
    mjs1973
    What a day.... :s
    Yesterday was a long day... I got up at 2:00am, at work by 3:00, done at 1:00. From there I went straight to my photo class, spent about 45 minutes in class, then the next 5+ hours in the darkroom, with very little to show for it. I think I managed to screw up everything I tried last night....too dark, too light, dirty negatives.... very frustraiting day. I did manage to get my hands on the Fuji Photography 3500 and printed a couple of my digital photos. WOW, this printer is incredible!!! I tried to print some thing on the Epson 2200, but it came out messed up, must have been low on ink. I finaly made it back home around 9:00pm, a quick bite to eat and straight to bed. I was wiped out to say the least. It was really nice getting to sleep in this morning, I didn't have to get up till 3:00am today, if you can call that sleeping in... :s Now I have to find some time to get back in the lab to get my assignment done...

Just needed to vent a little.
    Michael
  • 09-29-2004, 03:40 AM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Yesterday was a long day... I got up at 2:00am, at work by 3:00, done at 1:00. From there I went straight to my photo class, spent about 45 minutes in class, then the next 5+ hours in the darkroom, with very little to show for it. I think I managed to screw up everything I tried last night....too dark, too light, dirty negatives.... very frustraiting day. I did manage to get my hands on the Fuji Photography 3500 and printed a couple of my digital photos. WOW, this printer is incredible!!! I tried to print some thing on the Epson 2200, but it came out messed up, must have been low on ink. I finaly made it back home around 9:00pm, a quick bite to eat and straight to bed. I was wiped out to say the least. It was really nice getting to sleep in this morning, I didn't have to get up till 3:00am today, if you can call that sleeping in... :s Now I have to find some time to get back in the lab to get my assignment done...

Just needed to vent a little.
    Michael

Great now I'm tired....:o

Reading your post has wiped me out.

almo
  • 09-29-2004, 03:43 AM
    natatbeach
    I'm sorry it went so badly for you...sounds like you were tired to start. My hubby worked the midnight to 8am shift for years..it's brutal...Hang in there...

as they say this too shall pass...greater days ahead,
    ;)
  • 09-29-2004, 03:57 AM
    mjs1973
    Thanks for the encouragement
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I'm sorry it went so badly for you...sounds like you were tired to start. My hubby worked the midnight to 8am shift for years..it's brutal...Hang in there...

as they say this too shall pass...greater days ahead,
    ;)

It was a long day, but a great learning expierance. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the darkroom and getting it right!! After a good long nap that is. ;)
  • 09-29-2004, 05:59 AM
    another view
    I'm going to be in the same position Monday - I have one of those weekends that's solid from Friday night to Sunday night...

Fuji Pictography 3500's make great prints. I've been to Jim Brandenburg's gallery in Ely, MN and his smaller prints are made on one. I was so impressed with the print quality I had to ask how they were made.