ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Opinionated Newbie

California Earthquake. PR members...

I hope that everything is fine with those of you in California. CNN is reporting a 5.8 in central CA. I know that the structures there are build to handle such an event, but nonetheless, I hope all is well!

Thanks - I didn't feel it

Hi Todd,

Thanks. I'm in So Cal, and I didn't feel it. My experience is that if it's under 5.0, I usually don't feel it!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Patten
    I hope that everything is fine with those of you in California. CNN is reporting a 5.8 in central CA. I know that the structures there are build to handle such an event, but nonetheless, I hope all is well!
    Supposedly a 6.0 in Bakersfield... which is a ways from the Bay Area, my hubby felt it at work in Pleasanton, CA. I didnt feel a thing at home... then again, the kids and I have been jumping on the bed.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Reuters News reported there was a BIG JERK in Cali...

...and I thought, "gee, one of the presidential candidates must be making a visit"...

Haha, notice I didn't mention any names. Don't want to start another war... ;)

Glad to hear damage was very light. Hey, if this keeps up, I think you're gonna see a sh*tload of members from BOTH coasts moving to the midwest...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Opinionated Newbie
    The Northeast is still relatively uneventful

Damn -- even the blizzards are not a problem.

Don't jinx us Todd
    Lara

misanthrope
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    ...and I thought, "gee, one of the presidential candidates must be making a visit"...

Haha, notice I didn't mention any names. Don't want to start another war... ;)

Glad to hear damage was very light. Hey, if this keeps up, I think you're gonna see a sh*tload of members from BOTH coasts moving to the midwest...
    Nah, not me. I live too far north to get the "big one." Our biggest fears are: A)Getting flattened by our usual severe winter storms, or: B)Getting flattened by another tsunami. Outlook is not good for avoiding B, the scientists say, and A is to be expected every winter. Gotta love it!
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    ...Glad to hear damage was very light. Hey, if this keeps up, I think you're gonna see a sh*tload of members from BOTH coasts moving to the midwest...
    Nah! They just keep collecting the Insurance money, and rebuilding in the same places. That's why there's so much open land in the Dakotas....

I know of one town along the Ohio River, that got flooded out in three of four years. The third time, the insurers offered extra funding with the settlements, if people would agree to rebuild on higher ground. I think they got two takers on that offer - the rest are rebuilding yet again, to likely get inundated again next Spring....

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie
    Nah! They just keep collecting the Insurance money, and rebuilding in the same places. That's why there's so much open land in the Dakotas....

I know of one town along the Ohio River, that got flooded out in three of four years. The third time, the insurers offered extra funding with the settlements, if people would agree to rebuild on higher ground. I think they got two takers on that offer - the rest are rebuilding yet again, to likely get inundated again next Spring....
    Hmmm. I've heard of at least two towns that rebuilt on higher ground after getting flooded. A town near where my mom grew up, Soldiers Grove, on the Kickapoo River in Wisconsin, did that.

http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=927
    http://lwcd.org/cc_now.htm
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thread Information