Hi Charles,

While I shoot mostly digital, and I'm aslo impressed with the way technology is moving, I'm pretty floored myself when it comes to the feeding frenzy.

I already see people selling their 10d in order to buy a 20d. Yet, they can't tell me what the 20d will do for them the 10d didn't. Nor have I ever seen them, or most people, print beyond the capabilities of their 10d's. Plus, taking a printing size of 240dpi, the new 8Mp's are good for about an extra 1 to 1 1/2 inch print.

I've also had friends call me up thinking about switching from nikon to canon. Again, they can't tell my what their d100, 70, or f4 won't do that they need when I ask why. Their response is only canon _seems_ to be moving faster. Then I point out that I'm sure nikon will only be a few months behind so save your expensive glass and use what you got until you have a need to change.

Incidently, I picked up a canon used 1d in the 1dmkII frenzy. It's in brand new shape. I bought it for action photography which it excels at! Plus, I've learned along the way that 4Mp is overkill for screen and prints to the sizes I need just fine.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want more Mp's, just like I usually wanted a finer grained film that scans well. I suppose in a couple of more years I can pick up a 1ds or 14c on the cheap. By then the gdzillion Mp models will be out and everyone will need to have one.

Mike