ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Finally got outside...

...to take some shots with my new Digi-Rebel. It isnt much nor is it anything special or spectacular. I was just happy to get out and try my new camera FINALLY!
    This is the top of a totem pole...some of you may have seen some close-ups I posted some time ago of this same subject but this time just the top portion with the snow. Taken from the beach using 100-300 lens (at 300). Just resizing done. I'm still trying to get familiar/comfortable with the functions and controls of this camera, but I like it so far.

jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got outside...-auke-bay-totem-resized.jpg  

new camera finally!

How fun to have such a nice new camera. Were you not able to try it outside until now due to cold weather? I don't know about Alaska, but we had a week of -25°F highs here in Calgary. I'm glad the extreme cold finally broke. It's hard to work the controls of my camera with big mitts on.

Spike

Talking Yes, Spike...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    How fun to have such a nice new camera. Were you not able to try it outside until now due to cold weather? I don't know about Alaska, but we had a week of -25°F highs here in Calgary. I'm glad the extreme cold finally broke. It's hard to work the controls of my camera with big mitts on.

Spike
    ... it has been too cold here...not quite -25F, but close enough. I know what you mean about wearing mitts and working the controls of the camera...they dont go "hand in hand"

Thread Information