ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White

All taken on Ilford 400 (thanks Liz!)
    The madness continues!

These were taken on 101 south, in Los Olivos. This was the 400 car caravan from Santa Barbara after the 'fest. This took place after the last post (the color ones, under the freeway).

This was the offramp leading to the canyon drive.

You can see the free backed up for miles on the right, and the cars snaking up the canyon on the left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-oops.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-offramp-canyon.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-loveatbimmerfest.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-losolivosofframp.jpg  
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Re: Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White

A few more...
    Before we got to the Los Olivos exit, we were on 101 along the coastline exiting Santa Barbara,
    after we made it through the 2 mile exit ramp (haha!) we parked along side the canyon until everyone could catch up.
    We let the boys play in the car, as you can see they had fun
    Daddy and Baby share a kiss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-alongthecoast.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-losolivosexit.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-boyshavingfun.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-daddyandhisboy.jpg  
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Love the kid with the 2 thumbs up! that is a great candid photo!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I LOVE the first on Rebekah! Nice contrast of imagery there!

Nice shooting.

Jared-
    well, personally I didnt like it because of who was there... disturbing our gathering. (being sarcastic... like bringing 400 cars on an uncleared road tour is acceptable... haha)
    Thanks for checking them out.
    Out of respect, I didnt take pictures of the dude getting pulled over- but then everyone said I should have, because car-clubbers think its funny.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

thanks almo!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Jared-
    well, personally I didnt like it because of who was there... disturbing our gathering. (being sarcastic... like bringing 400 cars on an uncleared road tour is acceptable... haha)
    Thanks for checking them out.
    Out of respect, I didnt take pictures of the dude getting pulled over- but then everyone said I should have, because car-clubbers think its funny.
    Wow 400 cars eh? That's impressive. Suprise a cop would even try to stop someone

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Suprise a cop would even try to stop someone
    I would think they'd see it as the equivalent of an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Saw a really sharp 2002 the other day, don't see too many of those around anymore.

only a few people were pulled over. one guy decided to slolom through some cones blocking off a lane. he got a ticket. we were followed from pleasanton to gilroy by HP in a helicopter. It was interesting to say the least...
    You're correct, not many 02s that are sharp even fewer tii's. My hubby has 2 now- a shell and his totaled out one that was IMPECCABLE. He is restoring the shell. His brother has a sweet one painted in true Motorsport fashion. His younger brother had one as well. Their dad ran the first import dealership in Fairfield over 3 decades ago, and worked with German Motors as foreman before it became BMW SF.
    He owns and runs his own shop now in the Bay Area that he started with his buddy (his buddy ran an SF location as well). So you can tell BMWs as well as Mercedes and Volvos and most European racing sports have been burned into their DNA. haha.
    Here are two shots of my brother in laws 02- while it was being worked on pre-Bimmerfest.
    Its white, with the Motorsport racing stripes along the hood.. but you cant seem them in this shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-singhsimport.jpg   Bimmerfest revisited- Black and White-anils02.jpg  
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Thread Information