Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

DiMAGE A2 vs. DiMAGE 7Hi

I'm looking for a more advanced digital camera than the one I have currently. I have a few cameras right now that are more along the lines of a point and shoot, but I'm looking for something better. I've been working with photography and digital cameras for a while and am having a tough time deciding between the Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 and the DiMAGE 7Hi. I'm looking for someone who's had either of these camera's or knows a bit about them to help me decide which one is a better "bang for the buck." any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Heather

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames828
    I'm looking for a more advanced digital camera than the one I have currently. I have a few cameras right now that are more along the lines of a point and shoot, but I'm looking for something better. I've been working with photography and digital cameras for a while and am having a tough time deciding between the Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 and the DiMAGE 7Hi. I'm looking for someone who's had either of these camera's or knows a bit about them to help me decide which one is a better "bang for the buck." any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Heather
    They're quite similar.
    The lens is I think unchanged.

I found the tilting viewfinder and screen on the A1 a critical factor in my choice.
    I've got the A2 and the A1 and to be honest I prefer the A2 - just
    I like the increased resolution of the A2, and the far better viewfinder.
    The A1 I like the 5 shots in the buffer not 3 in thw A2
    If it's a choice between the 7Hi and the A1, another big differnece is the batteries.
    The A1 uses custom NiMH rehargeable, the 7Hi uses AA cells.

A colleague at work used his old 7Hi and compared to my A1 it's close in quality, but he preferred the A1. When I bought the A2 it changed to serious camera envy
    Until he got a EOS300D and it was my turn

LOTS of A1 / A2 shots at http://smartowner.co.uk/gallery/album198
    4000 and up is on the A1
    Low numbers is on the A2
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by hjames828
    Why not skip the hybrid stage all together and make a clean break from P&S? IMHO, a decent DSLR would be the best step here. Look at the Canon Digital Rebel and Nikon D70.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information