ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1255

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

i would like to start street photography

welcome aboard bud

Quote Originally Posted by CanonOnly View Post
    can you help me with a few questions i have ?
    what questions?

Quote Originally Posted by CanonOnly View Post
    Can you please get someone to delete my account ? Or tell me where to go so i can do it myself. Thank you
    you can go to the settings section on upper right

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard. I've always loved reading posts on the site and now I've joined....to join!

Well I entered my "general" hello but can't post anywhere else cause I don't have the minimum 5 posts yet....understood...but I joined to ask a question which is.... I have a Manfrotto 055MF3 tripod and one of the legs will not retract all the way back up in...it remains out about 1/2 inch. The leg not fully retracting is the leg which goes into the leg closest to the ballhead mounting platform. Any ideas on how to correct this? In addition to not fully retracting it can also come completely out of the next bigger section...unlike the other legs. As I said I would have posted this in a different forum but none were appropriate...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MJSiemien View Post
    Well I entered my "general" hello but can't post anywhere else cause I don't have the minimum 5 posts yet....understood...but I joined to ask a question which is.... I have a Manfrotto 055MF3 tripod and one of the legs will not retract all the way back up in...it remains out about 1/2 inch. The leg not fully retracting is the leg which goes into the leg closest to the ballhead mounting platform. Any ideas on how to correct this? In addition to not fully retracting it can also come completely out of the next bigger section...unlike the other legs. As I said I would have posted this in a different forum but none were appropriate...sorry.
    I posted your question in the ViewFinder forum. - Terry

From a new member - tripod question
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Hows it going I'm Kenne been a member here for a long time just never posted.
    Been doing photography for about 13years and started to move up in the world slowly and now I also do cinematography also as part of my business. I shoot with a 60D, 7D, Sony FS100 and a few Go Pros both HD2 and the new Blacks.

Hello. Just found this site today, I don't know how much I will be around but I can always use advice on how to take better photos, I know there is alot I do not know. Thanks for letting me look around

Hi DC13 looking forward to seeing some of your stuff.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Hi Gold, great place to learn jump right in and post something, someone is sure to try and help you improve.
    Pete

I finally figured out what to do.. I'm new at forums etc, so I'll say hi and I live in Calgary Alberta,if you don't know where that is it diesnt matter lol. We have Rocky mountains 40 miles away and I often hike to the sumit of the easier one visable from Calgary. I'd like my first dslr camerato take a few pics with ans see if I'll use one much. I have a kodal digital camera now but would like to try a $400.00 or so cheap dslr camera
    Below are the ones I'm wondering about. I'll go to the forum review page in a minute or so. meantime has anyone got advise which of these is good for mostly outdoor photo taking..
    Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18.0MP Digital SLR camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens Kit $449.94

Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR 429.00 camera store 14.2 MP
    Canon EOS Rebel T3 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS $398.00 camera store 12.2MP
    Nikon D3100 w. AF-S DX 18-55 VR $389.00 Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by xcaret View Post
    I finally figured out what to do.. I'm new at forums etc, so I'll say hi and I live in Calgary Alberta,if you don't know where that is it diesnt matter lol. We have Rocky mountains 40 miles away and I often hike to the sumit of the easier one visable from Calgary. I'd like my first dslr camerato take a few pics with ans see if I'll use one much. I have a kodal digital camera now but would like to try a $400.00 or so cheap dslr camera
    Below are the ones I'm wondering about. I'll go to the forum review page in a minute or so. meantime has anyone got advise which of these is good for mostly outdoor photo taking..
    Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18.0MP Digital SLR camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens Kit $449.94

Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR 429.00 camera store 14.2 MP
    Canon EOS Rebel T3 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS $398.00 camera store 12.2MP
    Nikon D3100 w. AF-S DX 18-55 VR $389.00 Blacks
    Hi xcaret, and WELCOME to the Forum.
    Asking which of those two are best is likely to start the dreaded Nikon vs Canon debate.
    I'm a Canon guy myself, but I'm sure you can get great images with either of the two.
    My best advice to you is to go to a brick and mortar store and handle them. See which one is more intuitive to you and feels best in your hand.
    -Bruce

Hello all!

My name is Steve and I live in Connecticut. I stumbled upon the forum while looking for places to share my photography. My two main subjects are motorsports and aviation/airshows, however my love for landscapes is not very far behind. I also like to photograph people as well when I have the chance.

Most of my photography is done on the weekends where you can find me on the flightline at an airshow or perched on the top of my race team's big rig shooting the action on the track at the local speedway. I love to travel and photograph new locations as well, especially the southwestern US. I love everything about the desert and hope to someday (soon) make it my home.

I also like shooting other sports and just recently shot my first HS football game. Now that I will be adding more new gear to my bag in a few weeks, I hope to expand on my current portfolio and shoot more sporting events as well as some local concerts.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning new things as well as passing along some knowledge that I have learned on my journey through the world of photography.

Hello, I found this site today while I was searching for information on the Nikon D7000. My wife and I own the Double R Reindeer Ranch south of Dallas. We purchased a D7000 last year and use it on the ranch during our annual open house and ranch tours. I'm sure we probably have only mastered 1/1000 of what the camera can do. We use an Eye-Fi card which transfers to Adobe Lightroom. From there it prints 4X6 photos on a Sony dye sublimation printer. We are happy to be here and want to learn as much as possible from the group.

Hi All
    Was looking for information on my Dynax 5D and came across this site. I am having difficulties connecting to my PC O/S Windows 7 with the USB cord. Was OK when I had a O/S XP and earlier versions and is OK on my Laptop O/S Vista. Has anyone any ideas

Hi, just bought the sx50 hs and wondered if I need to buy the original accessories: battery adapter, battery charger, interface cable (ifc-400pcu) and the hmdi cables HTC-100. Are these a must ? are there generic accessories ? Those four cost more than half of the price of the camera ?

Replying to say hello and join in the various forums. I'm an ecologist doing habitat restoration work in the Great Basin. I live in Reno currently but have lived in rural parts of northern NV off and on. I carry a Nikon D-90 in the field and a Nikon AW100. I'm a mountain biker, hiker, backcountry skier, trail runner and botanist.

I'd like to get info on shooting on snow with the AW100. I carry it skiing in the backcountry because the d90 is just too much to manage with all the other gear, food etc.

Welcome, Mr. Tater! I can give you a couple of links to get you started. First of all, check our Sports Photography Forum. There are a couple of us there that shoot snow sports and we can definitely help:

Sports Photography

We also have a good how-to article on snow photos by adventure photog Dan Bailey. I think it's probably got exactly what you need:

Five Tips For Good Snow Photos | Camera News & Reviews

If you've got specific problems, post some sample photos on the Sports Photography forum, or whatever forum you think is appropriate, and I'll be happy to take a look and give you some tips
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    We also have a good how-to article on snow photos by adventure photog Dan Bailey. I think it's probably got exactly what you need:

Five Tips For Good Snow Photos | Camera News & Reviews
    That article seems to be missing it's page 3, BTW.

Thanks, Matt. If you use the page numbers instead of the next page links, it's there. I'm going to fix those broken links now, though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Photo-John

Even better - I just made it into a one page article. It wasn't really long enough to justify being three pages long
    Photo-John

Hi, my name is Sanggay. I am from Malaysia. I am new here and I am looking forward to learn more about photography here.

Hi there everyone. I am cudgewa from Australia. I have my own SLR Nikon but have just bought my wife a Samsung WB150F. On trying to work it out, I have looked at its PDF manual. I'd like to set it so that she can take multiple shots of sports scenes in a quick sequence. Samsung appear to call this 'Burst Mode' and it can be accessed by pressing 'Menu' while in 'Shoot Mode' and - select 'Drive' and then select 'Continuous'. All of that would be fine except that there is no 'Shoot Mode' option available (what ever 'Shoot Mode' means) and under none of the options are you able to select 'Drive' - Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to use such an option?

I thank you in advance.

cudgewa

Welcome Sanggay great start with your fist image posted
    Pete

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread Information