ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hello all. First post here.

My name is Phil, I am a Nikon Film and digital SLR user.

Looking forward to learning lots from you all.

Cheers.

yo ! my name's Jean, i'm 24
    i'm shooting a lot with my vintage camera (Coolpix 3100) !
    hope this thread's still active, as it seems the last post is 5 years old !

edit : it's not 5 years old, it's just reversed... wow, first time i see that, not really ergonomic...

Hii there...

Hi All,

Just a line to say hello from a real newbie.
    looking forward to learning how to take proper photographs for a change!! I am very thankful for being a part of this forum and I think you guys like my views.

Regards kyte

Hello all,
    Greetings...I am very happy I found this website,,,it has been very informative. I am looking to figure out the best way to price and sell alot of very nice older cameras. My father in law,,,passed last year and he spent several years accumulating cameras and lenses and bodies and what have you., from estate sales and garage sales. I may give adorama a shot with a trial couple of pieces,,,they and BH PHoto seem to be the best available options. Again thanks for the site
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by cardzone View Post
    Hello all,
    Greetings...I am very happy I found this website,,,it has been very informative. I am looking to figure out the best way to price and sell alot of very nice older cameras. My father in law,,,passed last year and he spent several years accumulating cameras and lenses and bodies and what have you., from estate sales and garage sales. I may give adorama a shot with a trial couple of pieces,,,they and BH PHoto seem to be the best available options. Again thanks for the site
    JB
    Ebay will get you the best price. Sell everything separately unless things together really increase the total value.- Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Terry
    Ebay will get you the best price. Sell everything separately unless things together really increase the total value.- Terry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Terry
    I appreciate the advice,,,of course I want to get the best price I can but I also want to sell some of this stuff for my mother in law as quickly as possible with as little of a hassle as possible. I mean there are some really nice lenses and cameras. He actually put together camera kits with bags and light filters and lenses. E bay seems like a good starting place but it seems like an awful lot of work. Thanks
    JB

E bay seems like a good starting place but it seems like an awful lot of work.
    It is. - Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Hello all,
    JB
    You are most welcome to email me directly with details of what you have and I can pass it on to the Adorama used department.

If you are interested in their 'phone estimate of value they will send you a pre-paid label to ship it in at no cost to yourself, for a full evaluation.
    You don't have to accept their offer - you can request for your gear to be sent back to you, fully insured, at Adorama's cost! Helen@adorama.com

You are most welcome to email me directly with details of what you have and I can pass it on to the Adorama used department.

If you are interested in their 'phone estimate of value they will send you a pre-paid label to ship it in at no cost to yourself, for a full evaluation.
    You don't have to accept their offer - you can request for your gear to be sent back to you, fully insured, at Adorama's cost! __________________
    Helen,
    Thanks,,,I will make some detailed notes of the equipment and send it out asap. Thanks again

A lens is for life. Eleanor Maw's Avatar

Hi all other forum Members, I am sort of new but have already done 40 posts, anyway, I thought I might as well introduce myself, I am married and have a daughter who is coming up to three years old, we also have two dogs, one a Jack Russell and the other a Bull Dog, I was born in Northern Ireland but now live in south east England.
    Main Gear :
    Nikon D3s, Nikon D2xs, Nikon D7000, Nikon D90.
    Nikon AF-S 12-24mm f/4G DX IF-ED,
    Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX,
    Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF ED,
    Nikon AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF ED Micro,
    Nikon AF 135mm f/2.0 D
    Nikon 16-35mm f/4G ED VR ,
    Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED,
    Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR I ,
    Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II,
    Fuji X100, Canon S95, Lumix LX3.

Mish

Hi all!

I'm a site newbie. I've always loved taking photos, but lack in technical knowledge, so am hoping being around you all here can help me hone my skills.

I'm from Australia, Mum to 5 kiddos & love photography. I recently purchased my first DSLR a Nikon DX40 & am adjusting to the differences between that & a point & shoot, but am loving every step of the learning curve. it is so worth it!

Hi Mish, and welcome to the forums, there is a wealth of knowledge here freely given. looking forward to some of your posts
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Mish

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Hi Mish, and welcome to the forums, there is a wealth of knowledge here freely given. looking forward to some of your posts
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by powerShot View Post
    Hello guys! powerShot here, an amature / aspiring photographer, 19 years old, I'm using Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS ELPH / Digital IXUS 80 IS. My favorite subject is Nature/ Outdoor, it always relived my stress. I will post some of the shots later. Was it under "People" ? Coz I read it must post in that section.

Thanks,
    powerShot
    Welcome aboard and I am looking forward to seeing some of your photos, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello all!. I'm new here. I'm a Photographer from San Francisco.

I'm sort of a techy, so I like to see what peoples opinions are of new photography.
    caroline-culler.com
    sanfranciscoheadshots.net

I hope someone gives me a welcome, it seems to me others get a welcome, maybe I did 40 posts before introducing myself, it's just that I goggled and found someone was wanting some help, so I registered on the forum to answerer their question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor Maw View Post
    I hope someone gives me a welcome, it seems to me others get a welcome, maybe I did 40 posts before introducing myself, it's just that I goggled and found someone was wanting some help, so I registered on the forum to answerer their question.
    I think (at least for me) it was that I've already been seeing your work and your posts, but welcome anyway! I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you. - Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Hello guys

My name is fanny, I am new to photography and want to learn through this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    I think (at least for me) it was that I've already been seeing your work and your posts, but welcome anyway! I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you. - Terry
    Thanks Terry

Hey all. Been a casual photographer for a while, just got a Canon T2i, will try to learn how to make the best of it. Love taking pictures of sporting events and of cars...so if anyone has advice about threads I should look at, that would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by TF04 View Post
    Hey all. Been a casual photographer for a while, just got a Canon T2i, will try to learn how to make the best of it. Love taking pictures of sporting events and of cars...so if anyone has advice about threads I should look at, that would be appreciated
    Welcome to PR! I see you have already found some car fans in your post. - Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Hi, I have to post 5 times here before I can post anywhere else; so just to say hello.

Hi!

I'm new here. I'm primarily an art photographer. I went to photo school for two years, I assisted several great photographers for two years and I used to run a business shooting wedding and such.

Now it's all about black and white Tri-X squares from my Hasselblad 501CM. I have a Canon 5dmkII too but I hardly use it.

Well, nice to meet you all! Seems to be a great site!

All the best
    AdrianUlander.com

Smile Re: Welcome!!

Is this my second post?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianUlander.com View Post
    Hi!

I'm new here. I'm primarily an art photographer. I went to photo school for two years, I assisted several great photographers for two years and I used to run a business shooting wedding and such.

Now it's all about black and white Tri-X squares from my Hasselblad 501CM. I have a Canon 5dmkII too but I hardly use it.

Well, nice to meet you all! Seems to be a great site!

All the best
    AdrianUlander.com
    Welcome to PR. I always have trouble 'seeing' B&W images and am looking forward to studying yours. Hopefully you will comment on others also. - Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information