ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hi Folks,

My name is Ken. I have been lurking here for a while, and finally decided that I would like to be a more active part of this community. I am very impressed with the amount of information here, as well as the friendly members that are willing to help.

I am currently shooting with the original Canon Digital Rebel, and three different lenses. Although it may be a bit dated, I think it is still meeting my needs. Still trying to convince the wife that I really need a 40d....

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, and really taking on a more active role here.

Thanks,
    Ken

Welcome, Neal & Ken!:thumbsup:

Have fun browsing through the different sections of this site, and feel free to post any of your photos.

Also, please remember to write user-reviews on your camera, lenses and as much of your other photo equipment as well. This will help fellow photographers make a more informed buying decision.

Read/write Canon Digital Rebel (300D) reviews >>
    Read/write reviews on all other products >>

Hiya!

My name is Cath and I'm from the Great White North, eh?

My skills with a camera waver between novice and almost intermediate. I've taken great shots with a point & shoot, bad shots with my Canon XT, and vice versa. For some reason, I keep trying to make the kind of pictures that make me stop and look, even though 90% of the time I'm just trying to get a decent pic of my kids.

I love to take pictures, but have little patience for post processing and major editing beyond slight corrections and cropping. I'm also not a morning person, so jaunts at dawn are rare for me, though it has happened on occasion. Yet whenever I'm in my car rushing from point A to point B, I almost always struck by some scene, or angle of light that should be explored with a camera: needless to say, this is usually when I can't stop to take a picture.

I found this site while looking up some resources; found some interesting posts and other info, so decided to stay awhile. I hope I'll be able to contribute here and there, and share the unique experience of observing the world thru a lens.

Welcome Cath. I'm quite new and everyone here has been extremely helpful and considerate of my trials and errors. I recommend that you start posting and asking. – TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Hello from Kentucky!

New member here. Just wanted to stop and say hello. Great forume I have to say. I have come across some good info for only surfing for a day. Glad to be a member. Best one I have come across so far.

poormanphoto!

Welcome aboard Poormanphoto. I think you will find us all to be friendly folks. Be sure and post some pictures and reviews.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Hello all,
    My name is Bill and this my first post on my first photo online community.
    I have had cameras for years...usually cheap point and shoots that i could take on vacation and didn't really care if they got smahed falling from the top of a roller coaster.
    I took below average, run of the mill photos that i would use to bore friends and family.

I had been wanting to upgrade my camera and my ability to see and compose good pictures so last year on a trip to Japan for work I pulled the trigger on what I had read to be a very good entry level (and potentially the last camera I would ever need) camera. I got a great deal on a Nikon D40x.

I travel a lot for work (41 weeks last year) and I have taken litteraly thousands of pictures.
    (about 10 good ones)
    now its time to get good at it...I hope that I can gain some good advice from this community. I will be posting some of my most recent stuff for review shortly.

Welcome, Bill! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy
    Hello all,
    My name is Bill and this my first post on my first photo online community.
    I have had cameras for years...usually cheap point and shoots that i could take on vacation and didn't really care if they got smahed falling from the top of a roller coaster.
    I took below average, run of the mill photos that i would use to bore friends and family.

I had been wanting to upgrade my camera and my ability to see and compose good pictures so last year on a trip to Japan for work I pulled the trigger on what I had read to be a very good entry level (and potentially the last camera I would ever need) camera. I got a great deal on a Nikon D40x.

I travel a lot for work (41 weeks last year) and I have taken litteraly thousands of pictures.
    (about 10 good ones)
    now its time to get good at it...I hope that I can gain some good advice from this community. I will be posting some of my most recent stuff for review shortly.
    "I had been wanting to upgrade...my ability to see and compose good pictures..."

Welcome from another realative newcomer. You are at least coming in looking for the right things. The regulars here have been great at trying to help me to 'see' - it's hard but they haven't given up. Post a photo or two and ask what's wrong. Sometmes they are a little too nice, but you'll get enough feedback to learn. - TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Hello everyone, I guess you could call me a refugee from sinking MSN photography groups looking for a new home.
    This site was recommended by a friend,I Iiked what I saw and stayed.
    (I didn't know a toad could change into a frog.. but by gosh ... they can. )

I am from Ontario Canada, serious hobbyist, use a Canon Rebel XTi and trying to improve my skills.This looks like just the place for that.:thumbsup:

HELLO ALL,

Steve here, wanting to let you I AM here.

This looks like a great resource for me. I have a sony DSCH3 that's serving me very well and I am hoping to learn more about how to use it.

Steve

Welcome Riverside, from a fellow Canadian! :thumbsup:

Welcome Steve! :thumbsup:
    -------------------------
    Feel free to browse around, ask questions and post/upload your photos. I promise it won’t be long before you guys start noticing that you are learning plenty.

Also, please remember to provide feedback on others work and especially – write user reviews.

I love my Nikon don't like get over it:)

Wink Re: Welcome!!

My name is Marie, and I joined a few days ago. I really like it here, they are a lot of nice people here. And the one thing that I really like about this place is you get honest feedback on the pictures that you post. To those who have made comments on my pictures, THANK YOU ALL. But I have to say that I am a bit shocked that One of my Pictures got photo of the day:thumbsup:. So thanks everybody Marry X-Mas & Happy New Year.

Hello,
    I just found this site today and after seeing how much information there is here, I signed up right away. I have been taking snapshot (family/pet) pictures for many years but now I am trying to learn a lot more about photography including different techniques and lighting. I am looking forward to learning a lot here.

I am currently using a Sony DSCH1 which is considered a point and shoot. I am currently in the process of purchasing a DSLR but I am still unsure which brand to purchase and what type of glass to get. I am currently looking at the Canon 50D but still have a lot of questions and just want to be sure that this will be the right camera for me.

There are so many interesting topics here I can't wait to start reading them and jumping right in.

SW

Welcome SW. From experience - pick out a couple of your photos you like and post them in Critique. It's the best way to let those on this site help you get better. They are very good at it. When you start to see what you are doing wrong, then what equipment (if any) is needed will make your choices a lot easier. – TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    Welcome SW. From experience - pick out a couple of your photos you like and post them in Critique. It's the best way to let those on this site help you get better. They are very good at it. When you start to see what you are doing wrong, then what equipment (if any) is needed will make your choices a lot easier. – TF
    Hi OldClicker...thanks for the advice. I have been viewing some of the critiques and can see how the critiques are a learning experience. I am planning on putting up an image shortly...

SW.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome Swedishwithch and all tho other people I've missed.
    Be careful.....this place is addicting.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Hello all,

Just entered the DSLR world. Had an SLR back in the early 80's that was stolen, point & shooters ever since. Plenty to learn and re-learn, but it should be fun.

Darren
    Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, EF-S 55-250 IS

Welcome to PR. What DSLR did you get?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Welcome to PR. What DSLR did you get?
    Rebel XSi kit with the 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens.
    Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, EF-S 55-250 IS

Hello All,
    What a great knowledge base to join - I'm very happy to have found you. I live about 20 miles from Alaska up here in the Great White North (about 4 feet of snow in the last week - a pleasant change from the rain). I'm off for a bit of travelling and bought a Nikon D90 - and have placed the Nikon F80 up on a shelf. Rather than feel like a poseur thought that I had best begin to develop some skills (histogram? in camera retouch menu? RAW processing? YIKES!) and this looks like a fine place to learn. Thank you all for the teaching threads,
    Westernrain

Welcome, Westernrain! :thumbsup:

There are many interesting and informative forum threads here, plus a bunch of "fun ones". (e.g. 50mm f1.8 thread, B&W thread, cute kid thread, transportation thread, etc.). They can be found by sorting all the forum threads by rating, highest rating at the top.

For learning about histograms, check out this article by Sebastian in the "learn section".

Looking forward to seeing you around... and happy 2009!

Hello everyone just joined!

Shamless plug to my photo site [IMG]http://**************/img/1858/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif[/IMG]

http://www.paulandre.com

I'm Aerostar, I registered a while ago but can't figure out how to post. I keep on going around in circles.
    Do I have to reduce my pictures to to post them.

Hopefully I'll get some answer if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerostar
    I'm Aerostar, I registered a while ago but can't figure out how to post. I keep on going around in circles.
    Do I have to reduce my pictures to to post them.

Hopefully I'll get some answer if I can find it.
    To use the direct method:

- Use either the 'Quote' button or 'Go Advanced' under the 'Quick Reply'.
    - Then hit the 'Upload Photos" button.
    - Hit one of the 'Browse' buttons and find the file on your computer.
    - Hit the 'Upload' button.
    - After it uploads, hit the 'Close This Window'.

The file has to be smaller than 293 KB and the picture must be 800 pixels or less both high and wide. Also note that the 'Preview Post' will NOT show the picture.

Welcome to PR!

TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information