ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Question Need A75 Lense..PLz help beginner

I just got my Canon Powershot A75 yesterday and i really would love to find a nice teleohoto or wideangle lense to go with it, but with all these adapters and such i do not know what to get and what lense would be suitable for an avid point and shoot kind of photographer, but looking to advance. If maybe you could suggest a place where i could find these lenses and suggest what kind of lense and adapter that would be amazing. Thanks guys

The A75 has a permanently mounted zoom lens. While there are 3rd party wide-angle and telephoto converters that attach in front of the lens, your best match will be with Canon's own converters. Because the A75's lens does not include filter threads, you will need the Canon LA-DC52C adaptor (~$19). Then Canon's TC-DC52 2.4x Teleconverter (~$100) and/or WC-DC52 0.7x Wide-Angle Converter (~$90).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidA75
    I don't know. Probably. Cheap enough, and much wider-angle (.045x v. 0.7x) than the Canon that I might take a flier on it. Then again, one usually gets what one pays for. At only $44, I don't believe the claim of "made of titanium" for a second. There are no size specifications given, but it looks to be larger diameter than Canon's wide-angle converter. The ad copy claims AF/IR compatible, but by the photo it looks like it would interfer with the IR sensor under the flash, as well as the optical viewfinder and the flash (which won't cover the wide area of view of this converter, even if it weren't blocked).

Thread Information