ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Last Weekend - non sports !

Last weekend the local weekly paper sent me to two of three days of a new festival they have here. This was year 2 of the "By Air, By Rail Festival and it's held at the local school district Intermediate school.It was different not shooting sports . The first file is a scan from the paper which arrived today while the others were from files the paper didn't use. The bottom shot of the trains was taken with the following settings Shutter: 1/15th of a second, ISO 400, f/3.5 focal length 28mm and was shot with the Canon 28-300mm USM IS Lens (no flash). The shutter speed was a tad too slow but I still liked the result.
    My favorite shot though is the father trying to do the DNA swab on his son for the child ID

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last Weekend - non sports !-cci00010.jpg   Last Weekend - non sports !-js061889.jpg   Last Weekend - non sports !-js062052.jpg   Last Weekend - non sports !-js062267.jpg  
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Re: Last Weekend - non sports !

I hate to break this to you John but there are other uses for a camera other than sports. Although I do have to admit that was probably why the camera was invented, that and beautiful girls of course. I do love the train shot. I don't think your shutter speed was off at all, I think it came out great.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Last Weekend - non sports !

And here I thought they invented the camera for taking photos of dead gunfighters lol

Thanks OT, I like the train shot too, although I did have to use a bit of unsharp mask on it. All of these were shot with the 28-300, a very versatile lens!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Thread Information