• 07-27-2006, 11:18 PM
    JSPhoto
    4 Attachment(s)
    Last Weekend - non sports !
    Last weekend the local weekly paper sent me to two of three days of a new festival they have here. This was year 2 of the "By Air, By Rail Festival and it's held at the local school district Intermediate school.It was different not shooting sports . The first file is a scan from the paper which arrived today while the others were from files the paper didn't use. The bottom shot of the trains was taken with the following settings Shutter: 1/15th of a second, ISO 400, f/3.5 focal length 28mm and was shot with the Canon 28-300mm USM IS Lens (no flash). The shutter speed was a tad too slow but I still liked the result.
    My favorite shot though is the father trying to do the DNA swab on his son for the child ID :)

JS
  • 07-28-2006, 05:37 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Last Weekend - non sports !
    I hate to break this to you John but there are other uses for a camera other than sports. Although I do have to admit that was probably why the camera was invented, that and beautiful girls of course. I do love the train shot. I don't think your shutter speed was off at all, I think it came out great.
  • 07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
    JSPhoto
    Re: Last Weekend - non sports !
    And here I thought they invented the camera for taking photos of dead gunfighters :eek: lol

Thanks OT, I like the train shot too, although I did have to use a bit of unsharp mask on it. All of these were shot with the 28-300, a very versatile lens!

JS