ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

How do you work?

As I sit here proofing, it occured to me that I do this the same everytime.

Music up very loud, and my vanilla latte long gone cold. Actually, I like them better cold. Not iced, but made hot and then forgotten about.

Now that I'm home alone in the mornings, the music gets really loud, and I have a whole new bunch of child-inappropriate music to listen to.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar

Re: How do you work?

Diet Dew to the right - cigarettes to the left - 21-inch monitor in the center. TV on, but not blaring - usually CNN, MSNBC, MTV or VH1. Besides PS CS, I have Outlook, and usually 4 or 5 IE windows open at the same time...

...and I promise I don't have ADHD.
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

Depends sometimes i listen to music sometimes i dont.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

I usually will have music on, or a movie on the one computer that I'm not doing the most work on. On the computer i'm working on I'll have my email client (Thunderbird) open, a single firefox window (tabbed browsing is your friend). Usually a photoshop or other graphics program, Dreamweaver or a SSH window into the server for editing my webpages.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

For me, it's usually pretty quiet. Two dogs, either playing behind me, pumping into my chair, driving me nuts, or two dogs sleeping right behind my chair. My desk top PC fired up, and lurking here, with my laptop, sitting right next to it, with PS CS2 handling my post production work. I wish I had a TV in the office too. In my old apt. I had my computer set up so I could see the TV, my way of multi-tasking. Once in a while I will have some music on, or Wisconin Public Radio, but most of the time, it's just me and the dogs.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Liz

It depends.....if I'm "working" in my home office or "playing" during my breaks - like logging in here - or multi-tasking (doing both).

Sometimes I have the news on the TV. I usually don't listen to music when I'm in my office - but I've been looking for a new CD/radio combo to put there.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    As I sit here proofing, it occured to me that I do this the same everytime.

Music up very loud, and my vanilla latte long gone cold. Actually, I like them better cold. Not iced, but made hot and then forgotten about.

Now that I'm home alone in the mornings, the music gets really loud, and I have a whole new bunch of child-inappropriate music to listen to.

adina

Well, my preference would be that I sit in quiet times just tapping away at my computer. I generally have a good friend I chat with while doing so but I try not to spend too much time on here.

I like it quiet because I never have quiet moments. If I'm not working, I'll be at home processing photos or other stuff and my husband works afternoons so is always home as well. I have my 18 yo son usually at home with music on in his room (He's a Uni student) and my 21 yo downstairs blaring her music loud as well. So I look for the peaceful moments whenever I can because they are so rare!!!

iPod, Powerbook, couch or chair, and my Grado SR-60s. If it's 3d work, then I might actually use a desk and a second monitor.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Usually with MotorsTV on the satellite
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Powerbook, big brown recliner, quiet house late at night, cats sleeping on either side of me.

I gotta have it quiet. Sometimes my husband turns the tv on, which I hate, and it distracts me so that I can't think clearly. I'm a very focused individual and find my focus being diverted elsewhere when other stuff is going on. "Sucked into" whatever else is going on in the room. Which makes my best hours for working between midnight and 3 am. It's nice and quiet then.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

<~~~~ coin operated...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Gotta have my "coke and smokes", three computers, one for pics, one for email, one for Battlefield 2 Talk about releiving stress! And of course the TV between the two big monitors.
    Add to the fun 1 mean ole cat sittin on the lap or back of the chair and a big ole Rotwieler/Lab mix nudging my elbow wanting attention cause the cats on my lap.

Music on could be Classical (favourite Beethoven), Rock(favourites Pink Floyd, Who, Yes, Status Quo...), unusual to have quiet, in the study with the dog lying down in the door way.

Hot cup of coffee with buscuits or egg custards with normally 2/3 PC going at the same time.

Software running, Canon ZoomBrowser, Canon Digital Professional, Adobe PSE2, PaintshopPro 9.0 and others as required. Browsing using IE as well.

Workflow for images out of camera: copy to hard drive, copy to DVD, view, delete garbage, edit ones of interest and copy modified images to another DVD. I keep the originals separate from the modified. These are also backed up to a USB Removable HDD for quick recovery. So far never had to recover (touch wood)

Every month I create an Index page(s) of the photos taken that month and keep with DVD's.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

As I started working remotely when the quarantine began, I had to organize my working place at home. I bought a power lift recliner (here a review on https://thebestreclinersreviews.com/...ift-recliners/ helped me to make the right choice). I haven't regretted that purchase as this chair turned out to be comfortable even for a long sitting.

Thread Information