ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Some belated work shots...

I wasn't able to post any pictures when we were doing the work related thread so thought I'd start a mini-thread to follow it up.

Here's a couple of shots that I think shows the variety of aircraft I have to deal with every week. Makes for some interesting days at work!

BTW, these were taken with a Nikon Coolpix 2000. It doesn't do too bad for being a P&S digital.

A Navy version of the Blackhawk (not a Seahawk, look at the rear landing gear). We had two land to refuel & grab a bite to eat while on a cross-country flight. What I failed to get was a picture of the DC-9 that was parked in front of these guys. This was taken just a couple of weeks ago.

My apologies for this being so small but it was hard to get all three airplanes in a single shot with the lens on the Coolpix. Here's a '40s Piper Cub, a Navy T-45A trainer, and a Citation X corporate jet. Taken last fall.

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Rainbow shot...

This isn't as good as PJ's commute rainbow shot but...

Not the greatest shot, the King Air is a little overexposed, but it is a double rainbow. Still...not bad for a P&S Nikon Coolpix. Wish I would've had my Canon 1D, or even my A2 though.

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Smile Cool Shots Troy

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly
    I wasn't able to post any pictures when we were doing the work related thread so thought I'd start a mini-thread to follow it up.

Here's a couple of shots that I think shows the variety of aircraft I have to deal with every week. Makes for some interesting days at work!

BTW, these were taken with a Nikon Coolpix 2000. It doesn't do too bad for being a P&S digital.

A Navy version of the Blackhawk (not a Seahawk, look at the rear landing gear). We had two land to refuel & grab a bite to eat while on a cross-country flight. What I failed to get was a picture of the DC-9 that was parked in front of these guys. This was taken just a couple of weeks ago.

My apologies for this being so small but it was hard to get all three airplanes in a single shot with the lens on the Coolpix. Here's a '40s Piper Cub, a Navy T-45A trainer, and a Citation X corporate jet. Taken last fall.

The Coolpix is a decent little camera, but it's no 1D, is it?!

Nice shots. I like the fuel truck in the foreground of the first one, and the panoramic shot (I take it that is a crop) has a wide diversity of aircraft! Citation X - I haven't heard of that one - but then I don't keep up with civilian aircraft. :-O Nice looking jet though. :-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Cool Rainbows

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly
    This isn't as good as PJ's commute rainbow shot but...

Not the greatest shot, the King Air is a little overexposed, but it is a double rainbow. Still...not bad for a P&S Nikon Coolpix. Wish I would've had my Canon 1D, or even my A2 though.

Man, I KNOW you were wishing you had your 1D or A2 with a polarizer for this one! Great catch buddy. And the airplane is a nice touch for the aviation fans out there!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Speed. Yup, I cropped a lot off the top and bottom of the second image. Lots of sky and ramp that didn't do anything for the shot. Citation X is one of Cessna's premier corporate jets. Very nice!
    Troy

www.troybates.com

You're right about that. I'm back to carrying my camera (1D) with me all the time again. Kind of looking for a good digital P&S to carry when I don't want to leave the 1D in the car.

I've got a few more shots of both the Navy 'copters and rainbows on my new website www.troybates.com. Still not happy with how it looks but it's a start.
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Thread Information