ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Re: Greg McCary in serious accident

Oh geez - I'm glad to hear that he's doing as well as he is, considering the degree of the accident. I'm sending major mojo for a speedy and FULL recovery.

Greg,

Take the time to rest up and get back to 100% before you rush back out to shoot that bridge again. You are the one thing that cannot be replaced by technology.... so be well... and get well soon.

Jay
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Wow, I'm just shocked to hear this. Greg has always been a wonderful mentor on this forum and his photography has a truly signature style all his own. He will be very sorely missed here while he's away.

Greg will certainly be in my prayers. I'm sorry to hear that's such a serious injury, but for sure, so glad to hear it's not worse.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Thank you Aaron. I just got one sent off.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Nora,

Please let Greg know that you both will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Dear Nora
    I am so sorry.
    I only know Greg from this forum but over the years I have learned that Greg is one of the nicest and most supportive members here. I am shocked to hear this news especially as he was out doing what he loved most. Please send Greg my love and best wishes and I will continue to think of him and hope that he comes through this as quickly as possible.
    Take good care of yourself too Nora.

Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Greg and Nora -
    So very shocked and sorry to hear about your misfortune - both of you are in our thoughts and prayers, along with all our hope for a complete recovery !
    Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, with a T2i and some lenses !

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear this Nora and will definitely keep you guys in my prayers!!
    Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Oh my god. When I saw "Greg McCary" in the subject line, I had a strange feeling something was up. I'm just glad he's alive and that the consequences of the fall, though bad enough, were not as serious as they could have been.

Thank you for the news, Nora. Know that Greg, you, and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg, wishing you a quick and complete recovery and everyone in your family the strength to get through this. Hope to see you back soon; I miss your kind, thoughtful comments and frustratingly good work already!

Aaron - thanks so much for the info/link - sending mine off right now.

Get well Greg! Sounds like you are going to be hurting. But every new day usually brings less pain and more relief. Rod.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

Have a speedy recovery Greg! Looking forward to your return to PR.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Nora,
    I am so greatly troubled by this news. Greg has never been but great to me. He is trully a class act....take comfort in that ''The Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose Romans 8:26-28...I will pass on Gregs name to my Prayer group. May the God of the universe, the Lord Jesus Christ, bring you peace and comfort...Amen.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Just managed to get the link to work (thanks again Aaron) so another card should be hand delivered tomorrow.

Hi All, Greg is better. His SAT (oxygen) rate is up and improving. It looks like Fri will be surgery day. No idea of the time though. He is stable and his labs are all okay. He is in INTENSE pain. In intensive care we are not allowed much time to visit w him. Your ecards mean sooooo much. Thank you again for all that you have done.

Your responses have made me want to become more involved w photography and this site. I have always been artistic, I paint, write and draw. But I lack serious technology skills. Greg has that, not me. But I do have an "artist's eye" and I say that only bc I have the unique gift of finding beauty in the most unlikely of places. When I was younger I had more time to draw and my friends would ask me, "how do you do that" and I usually responded, it is more what I see with my eye and feel in my heart than what I do with my hands. My hands are only a tool. That is how I see a camera. Although I find it to be a complicated tool, my hands are pretty simple....

Please all of you have a beautiful night and God bless. Nora

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    Hi All, Greg is better. His SAT (oxygen) rate is up and improving. It looks like Fri will be surgery day. No idea of the time though. He is stable and his labs are all okay. He is in INTENSE pain. In intensive care we are not allowed much time to visit w him. Your ecards mean sooooo much. Thank you again for all that you have done.

Your responses have made me want to become more involved w photography and this site. I have always been artistic, I paint, write and draw. But I lack serious technology skills. Greg has that, not me. But I do have an "artist's eye" and I say that only bc I have the unique gift of finding beauty in the most unlikely of places. When I was younger I had more time to draw and my friends would ask me, "how do you do that" and I usually responded, it is more what I see with my eye and feel in my heart than what I do with my hands. My hands are only a tool. That is how I see a camera. Although I find it to be a complicated tool, my hands are pretty simple....

Please all of you have a beautiful night and God bless. Nora
    Dear Nora,

Thanks so much for the update. I'm so glad Greg's Labs and SAT rate have improved. I'll continue to pray for him, especially on Friday for the surgery. Is he able to tolerate pain medication? With all of his injuries, I'm sure he needs a lot of it, but I hope it's working.

It was nice to read about your interest in photography and the forum. Yes, this is a great community of people. This is the place that I learned all I know about photography. I came here about 8-10 years ago looking for advice for a p&s. Everyone encouraged me to get a dslr - and I fell in love with photography. Like you, I've always been artistic - my mother was a painter, pianist and full of talent, but I couldn't find an interest until I put a camera in my hands!

Thanks for coming around every day. We all look forward to hearing from you and knowing how you and Greg are doing. God bless you and Greg and be assured of my continued thoughts and prayers.

Liz

Thanks for the update Nora, it's great to know the signs are positive. I know that Friday will be a very anxious day for you and the family. Keep in mind that all Greg's and your friends here at PR will have you in their constant thoughts and prayers.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Nora,

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Greg's accident, but I'm glad to hear things are improving. I'll try to send one of those ecards in a minute, but in case it doesn't go through, please let Greg know that I hope he gets better soon and I'll be thinking of him until I hear more. Greg is a great photographer and an inspiration to many of us, so he will be missed very much until he's well and back doing what he loves. I hope everything goes perfectly on Friday. Please keep us up to date and thank you for what you've done so far. And don't forget to take care of yourself during this hard time.

Paul

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    Hi, my name is Nora. I am Greg's wife. Greg was injured Sunday afternoon while taking pictures of a bridge. He fell approx 25 feet and seriously injured his back...
    I'm very sorry to hear this news, Nora. I hope you two find the strength and courage to get through this. We will all be thinking of you. And tell Greg he has to get well enough soon enough to show us some of those photos! :thumbsup:
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Make yourself a dang quesadilla! OBie's Avatar

Nora & Greg,

I just logged on and saw this thread. I am so sorry to hear about Greg's accident. Wow. It's so easy to take what we have for granted and suddenly all is changed.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope surgery goes well tomorrow and that Greg can soon be on the road to recovery.

Be well.
    OBie. Not Obi-Wan, just OBie.

As someone who knows Greg outside of this site I am deeply saddened by this news. He gave me my first rangefinder when he learned that I got a promotion at work, and he was at my graduation. Nora, please let me know if you or the family needs anything, anything at all. I am not far away from Rome, or Atlanta, and I would like to know when he is accepting visitors so I can go see him. He will be in my prayers.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

I just saw this post. I am so sorry to hear this. Greg and Nora, you will be in my prayers.
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

Thanks for the update Nora. I'l keep you and Greg in my thoughts on Friday.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Nora, Thank you for keeping us updated! Good to hear that there is improvement. I hope everything goes well tomorrow - I will praying for Greg.
    Warm regards,
    Mette
    My Sony Alpha 700 and I have been joined by a Tamron 200-500mm

Thank you for the update Nora Greg will be in my prayers especially through out the day on Friday. I'm wishing you and Greg a fast and successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated

Ray Still

Another update: Greg's surgery is postponed until Monday now. He was put on the vent; he was having some difficulties and the vent allows his body time to rest and let the lung contusions heal. I just spoke w his nurse and she said his labs are still looking good and his prognosis is still positive. They are just letting him get stronger before surgery.
    Thank you again all, not only for your kind words and prayers to Greg but your support to me as well. It means a lot. Some of you may know, many don't, that Greg and I are separated. We have a 4 year old daughter, Anna, that is the sunshine in mine and Greg's life. What is important is that Anna and I love Greg very much. I only mention it now for the sake of honesty. Again, thank you again and God bless you all.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information