ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Check out my web site in progress

I have been working on my web site and thought it was about time to get some opinions on what I have so far. I tried to make it as simple to use and look around the site as possible. I am still working on the site but welcome your thoughts on what I have so far. Below is the name of the site, Jeff

I would like to add that I am doing this on my own and have no knowledge of websites what so ever. I have re arranged how it is set up and changed color schemes many times to get this far.

http://jeffimpeyphotography.com/
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Check out my web site in progress

I like it, Jeff. The appearance of the site is clean and professional. Only two suggestions I would make...You might stylize the header "Jeff Impey Photography" with a font that conveys your style. Also, I don't see a signature or copyright mark on the images. I think you would want to have some acknowledgement that they are your work visible on all gallery pieces.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0
    I like it, Jeff. The appearance of the site is clean and professional. Only two suggestions I would make...You might stylize the header "Jeff Impey Photography" with a font that conveys your style. Also, I don't see a signature or copyright mark on the images. I think you would want to have some acknowledgement that they are your work visible on all gallery pieces.
    Ken, I very much appreciate you taking the time to look at my site and help me out with your suggestions. I have placed the watermark on each of the photos. Thanks again for your time and I welcome anyone else s suggestions, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like the clean simple look, too. I just get lost in the ones that are like a maze.
    Some nice photos and hope you do well with it.
    Only suggestion I have is maybe make it more obvious on how to get back to the galleries.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

nice! looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I like the clean simple look, too. I just get lost in the ones that are like a maze.
    Some nice photos and hope you do well with it.
    Only suggestion I have is maybe make it more obvious on how to get back to the galleries.
    Frog,I have two buttons on the navigation bar at the top of each page just below Jeff Impey Photography that are "Home Page" and "Back To Galleries" just for that reason. I know it takes time to look around in a site and leave a comment and I want to thank you and cameramunk for spending the time to help me out. Thanks again, Jeff

Jeff, I went back to your gallery to check it out again and noticed that there is no button to directly email you. Can you make your email address in your introductory write-up a hyperlink? I know I could have cut and pasted it into an email, but I think folks are pretty accustomed to just clicking on an email address.

Also, I've been kicking around dumping my Picasa gallery and switching to SmugMug, probably the middle package. Was wondering how easy or difficult you have found getting everything set up. I'd sure like to know how the process has gone for you. Thanks.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Welcome to the world of a website..
    It's looking good.
    Good luck with it and have fun!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0
    Jeff, I went back to your gallery to check it out again and noticed that there is no button to directly email you. Can you make your email address in your introductory write-up a hyperlink? I know I could have cut and pasted it into an email, but I think folks are pretty accustomed to just clicking on an email address.

Also, I've been kicking around dumping my Picasa gallery and switching to SmugMug, probably the middle package. Was wondering how easy or difficult you have found getting everything set up. I'd sure like to know how the process has gone for you. Thanks.
    Thanks Ken for your suggestions. I fixed the contact me so that if the contact button at the bottom of any page is clicked it will allow you to send me an email. As far as Smugmug you may want to check out the thread below for a half price code for any of their sites, Jeff

50% off Smugmug accounts

I would also like to thank mtbbrian for taking a look at my site and leaving a comment, Jeff

very nice shots. I went to flowers but I could not select the shot I wanted to enlarge. The site appeared to hang.

looks nice, Jeff. I like the clean and straight forward look. great photos as well which is what its all about!
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Jeff
    My suggestion would be to remove the Link to Home and Back To Galleries from the Home Page. They are only required after you leave the Homepage.
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Don, I have had that problem occasionally with Internet Explorer but have never had it happen using Firefox. Not really sure what can be done about it. Thanks for leaving your comments, Jeff

Gary, clean and straight forward is exactly what I was looking for. Several sites that I have looked at are very hard to get around in and make me concentrate more on figuring out the website than looking at the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to look and leave your comments, Jeff

Overbeyond, I don't think the navigation bar can be removed from just the home page. I think I would leave it anyway because it lets visitors know right away how to get back to see the other galleries. Both buttons take you back to the Home Page and Galleries. The reason I put both of them is because some people visiting would think of it as going back to the home page and others might think of it as wanting to go back to see more galleries. This way I'm covered either way they think about it. I would also like to thank you for looking and leaving your comments. Jeff

I do appreciate everyone for helping me with my website and welcome everyone's comments, Jeff

Reid

I like your website, it is very easy to navigate through. Very good work!

Thread Information