ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: Greg McCary in serious accident

KyRain, make sure you tell Greg, Tyson sends his best wishes. Please let me know when I could get a call through to him. Also keep us informed.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Thank you for the continued candid updates, Nora. I'll keep praying that Greg may regain the necessary strength to endure his surgery. I know it's a difficult situation for you as well, but I'm sure your presence will be instrumental in helping him through this long process.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Thankyou for the update, Nora.
    Hoping Greg will soon be strong enough to have his surgery and then be on the way to a full recovery.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Liz

Dear Nora,

Thanks for the update and for sharing with us. As you can see, you have many friends here who will continue to keep Greg, Anna and you in our prayers. It sounds like he is getting the best of care in the hospital. Please continue to come around anytime you'd like to share, please know that we're here for you! God bless you.

Liz

Sent Another Card

I just sent anouther card. I was checking in to see if there was an update on the operation. I'm disappointed to hear it was postponed. But it sounds like it's for good reasons. There's no need to rush something like this. We want greg back healthy and whole.

I went through Greg's gallery a couple of days ago. He really is a wonderful photographer. I am especially fond of his building photos. Some of his photos remind me of the WPA photographers. He really has an eye for iconographic Americana. I'm looking forward to lots of new photos from him when he's recovered.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hi everyone, Greg's surgery is still set for Mon. I won't know until Sun night after midnight the time though. (so frustrating). His surgery is for the cervical fractures in his neck. The fractures in his back are expected to heal without surgery, Greg will have to wear a special brace for those to heal. His dr (who I have been told is an excellent neuro surgeon) will repair his neck fractures by using bone from his leg. Greg has spiked a temp
    which is making me nervous but it will be closely watched. He is still on the vent which helps his body rest and those lung contusions heal.

I feel that God has his hand on Greg. Not many people would survive a fall like that, much less come from it without any paralysis and also NO closed head injury. He will have a long, long road ahead of him. He WILL make it through.

Thank you all again so much, Nora

Tell him to hang in there for us all.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    He WILL make it through.
    A great attitude will go a long ways in a situation like this. I've been busy lately and haven't been on the site for a few days, and I find this out... Greg is a huge part of this site and I hope for a complete recovery as soon as possible. The waiting can be very frustrating, but as you say he will get through this.

Thanks for updating,
    will be praying for him and his family especially hard on Mon.
    -please keep yourself strong and healthy,get what rest you can-its easy to neglect ones own basic needs at a time like this.

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

Sorry to hear about your accident, Greg; our prayers are with you and you too, Nora... we know it is sometimes harder to watch the recovery than to suffer the injury.

All the best and we hope for a quick return to this site... your posts and the thoughts you've generated among the participants have helped me immensely in my entry into the world of digital photography.

God Bless and keep you,

OlyOnly and the Missus
    Equipment
    E510 Body
    14-42 mm, F/3.5-5.6 ZD ED
    40-150 mm, F/4.0-5.6 ZD ED
    No Name OM adapter
    OwnerUser Battery Grip

Take the picture!
    Enjoy the beauties, learn all you can from the rejects…

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Hang In there Greg!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Hi All, another setback....Greg's temp is due to an infection in his lungs. He is on an IV
    antibiotic but that puts us back to a wait and see for surgery on Mon. I am discouraged but that is not uncommon to happen to the trauma Greg suffered to his lungs and body. Greg is strong and young and he can fight the infection. The dr ordered blood cultures so his antibiotic is specific to wipe out the type of infection he has. Please, continue to pray for him.

You all are helping me to hold up too. Thank you. I know I say it often but I prob can't express to you how much it comes from my heart. Nora

Nora

I'm sorry to hear of the setback., but I'm sure he is in first class care and the antibiotics will kick in and the surgery can be a success and Greg will be on the road to a full recovery. Hang in there Nora my prayers are with you and Greg.

Ray Still

Liz

Nora,

I'm sorry to hear that Greg has an infection in his lungs. I'm not usually around at this hour, but I was awake so decided to check in before going to bed. I'm glad I did - I'll pray for him now, and will continue to keep him (and you and Anna) in my prayers. I'll also pray for you, that you will continue to have the strength you need at this extremely difficult time. I agree with what you shared in an earlier post, that God has His hands on Greg, and He is there to strengthen you, too. And, we are all here for you, to support and encourage you, and we will continue to keep Greg and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Liz

He is in my prayers.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Get well Greg, my prayer's are also with you and your family. Hoping to see you on the forum real soon.

Barb

I have not been on here in a few weeks and had no idea about Greg. We did not speak much but I very much admired his work and also just his genuine kindness and knowledge that he gave to this site.

I wish him the best and pray that he will get to go into surgery soon and get well as fast as possible. He is a HUGE inspiration on this site and I can't wait to see him back posting on here again..... We will need to see some of the pictures that caused this to happen... they must be good!

BEST WISHES!!!!!
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Dear Greg:

Haven't logged on for a while, and just got through reading through this thread. The prayers and kind thoughts and wishes of so many are inspiring to me and I know you and Nora must be awed at the support of so many.

Though I am a newer member, I have already gained from your expertise, kindness and generosity shown in this forum.

I hope the words of one of my favorite authors bring as much comfort to you in this troubling time of yours as it has during those troubling periods of my own life. Here's one of the best parts:

"He [Jesus] says, "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." He bids them seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and His promise is that all things needful to them for this life shall be added. Worry is blind, and cannot discern the future; but Jesus sees the end from the beginning. In every difficulty He has His way prepared to bring relief. Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us, of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service and honor of God supreme will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet."

A previous poster included Romans 8:28 "All things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."

That verse doesn't say all things ARE good. A serious injury is not a good thing and is not from God, but God is able to take this tragedy and turn it around so that good comes from it. That is my prayer for you, Nora and your child.

Blessings,

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Hi All again, Greg's surgery still looks like a GO. His nurse just told me his fever is 99.4
    and that is okay and has been in the lower 99's all night. The surgery should take approx 6hrs. The dr will use bone from his hip to fuse the breaks and use some metal hardware.

Will keep you all updated and again, thanks to you all so very much, Nora.

Hi Nora, Thank you for the update! Sounds good that he is well enough for the operation. My thoughts are with all three of you and I shall pray that everything goes smoothly today.
    Love, Mette
    My Sony Alpha 700 and I have been joined by a Tamron 200-500mm

Hi Nora

So sorry to hear about Greg.
    I know only to well what yous are going through. My younger brother had an accident back in april and is paralyzed from the neck down

So glad that a recovery looks good , All the best Greg.

Will keep checking in to see how he is getting on. Keep us updated.

Best wishes
    Wull

My thoughts are with you all.

I hope the surgery is a total success. I am sending good thought and healing wishes.

Hang in there, Nora.

Get well soon Greg! Hang in there Nora! I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope the best for you, you are in our prayers!

Greg should be in the middle of surgery right now form what Nora says and I am keeping very positive thought in my mind and a prayer in my heart that all will go well. I hope all his PR buddies are doing the same this morning.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Dear Lord, please give the surgeons wisdom and a steady hand as today they work to return Greg to health. And please give Greg and Nora strength and protection and Your peace and enable them to come through this even better people than they were before. And please bless the people on this forum for their kindness to and support for Greg and his family. Thank You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information