ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

good news bad news

After checking out Ray's and Hodgy's pic's I was more than interested to find out how they accomplished their excellent results ( of course they both start with great photos!) with the softness and tonality (is that a word?). Anyway Ray shared the site that had the actions for sale. That was really GOOD NEWS!

BAD NEWS is that I only have photoshop elements that does not support actions - really BAD NEWS!

Good News is that just yesterday as I was going to break down and spend the money to get the latest and greatest Photoshop - I received an email from Adobe to get CS for $299 as a registered Elements users - REALLY GOOD NEWS!

Can't wait to start using it and remember - REGISTER your products. Good things do happen!

thanks, Wes

wow

congrats on being a good registerer(sp?...is that a word or is it registrant or is registree..

anyway..THAT IS GOOD news!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Didn't know you could upgrade from Elements - those two together is less than the regular price on CS. It's an amazing program - if you have a camera that shoots RAW, your life just got easier. Don't forget about the Image>Adjust>Shadow/Highlight tool as well.

I got an "educational" version of CS which was about the same price. There are a lot of companies that do that with a similar discount. For me, I became enough of a college student during the week I was at a photo workshop that they let me buy it. Stretching the rules a little, but I didn't mind !

Thread Information