ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: I Got Robbed

Angry I Got Robbed

Last night while home alone, sleeping in my mothers room..someone broke into my room through the window and stole my laptop. I woke up at around 2:30am and let the dogs out and they went off barking, so I walked outside and couldnt see much..but I did see our freezer on the back porch wide open..food missing (6lbs of chicken )..they mustve heard me coming so they ran and kicked the gate to our fence down. Just yesterday I got a camera bag and put all of my stuff in it, and put it in my closet..if I wouldnt have bought the camera bag they wouldve taken my gear, so I'm feeling lucky. Plus the cops got prints, so it's looking good. It's kind of creepy how easily they couldve killed me in my sleep, heh.
    Gotta get out of this city.

This post is useless, but I wanted to share with someone. Anyone ever have similar situations?

Wow - bad deal but obviously you made out better than it might have been. I haven't had a problem - knock on wood (or a laminate/MDF substitute). Someone was looking for a quick buck, police usually check the pawn shops but you might want to do it as well.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    laptops are sold by sun up .... $100-200 at best. anybody will pay that... i would for sure reguardless!

seems you only need one thing to be TOTALLY SAFE in havana stateside!

http://www.shaku1.com/ MINE LOOKED JUST LIKE THIS, but lighter in color

i know, in the last 10 years i've never locked my doors, left my vehicles running/ unlooked... and never will anyone try to invade my space ;)

THAT STORY reminds me of when i lived in houston('83/ 84). i had the same guy break into my bedroom window while i was in bed.. 3 times!!! he never made it fully in the window and last time left on a streatcher from my easton bat

having one home invaded and hard earned goods stolen is enough to not only make you angry, but it's scary and makes you wonder who's next.

BEAT DEAL DUDE!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Liz

Unhappy .......but the good news...

I'm sorry you lost you laptop. And that experience had to be really scarry. However, the good news outweighs the bad. You're OK!!!!!!!!!!!

And your equipment is still there!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Pose
    Last night while home alone, sleeping in my mothers room..someone broke into my room through the window and stole my laptop. I woke up at around 2:30am and let the dogs out and they went off barking, so I walked outside and couldnt see much..but I did see our freezer on the back porch wide open..food missing (6lbs of chicken )..they mustve heard me coming so they ran and kicked the gate to our fence down. Just yesterday I got a camera bag and put all of my stuff in it, and put it in my closet..if I wouldnt have bought the camera bag they wouldve taken my gear, so I'm feeling lucky. Plus the cops got prints, so it's looking good. It's kind of creepy how easily they couldve killed me in my sleep, heh.
    Gotta get out of this city.

This post is useless, but I wanted to share with someone. Anyone ever have similar situations?

Totally sucks

Sorry to hear about that. Really sucks and pisses me off that stuff like that happens. I hear alot of stories like that coming out of Miami.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

sorry for you

and the the worry you probably face now...good thing a laptop and chicken(WEIRD) was alll they took the liberty of doing. Glad you're safe though...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information