ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fireworks Photos!

Post your 4th of July photos!

If you're going to a fireworks show this weekend, take a look at the Web Photo School fireworks lesson first. And then post your fireworks or other 4th of July photos in the Events Gallery. I'm especially interested in creative and different fireworks photos.

I want to see everyone's fun bbq and fireworks photos!

Fireworks Photo Lesson >>
    Fireworks and Events Gallery >>
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

drg

Re: Fireworks Photos!

Three quick ones from July 3, 2005. Bigger show tonight. The first go around for the Sigma with Fireworks! You can see that there was a little wind blowing.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Some sparklers

My grandkids did some sparklers the other night. I was just trying to catch some trails...my granddaughter was writing her name...in case you're wondering...the first one is an "e"...hehe...the second one is my grandson just making circles.
    hope you enjoy them. Tonight is our big show...hope I can get some good ones...we have clouds and rain in the area...I'm hoping we clear up here soon.
    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-100_1253pr.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-100_1256pr.jpg  

Filll Flash

Ken-
    If you used a little fill flash on these, you could probably freeze the kids and hold the sparkler trails. I'd use the lowest ISO setting available, maybe a polarizer, a shutter speed of about 1/2 second or slower, and a bit of flash. Try it!
    Photo-John

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Filll Flash

I think I have one or 2 that I took with flash...I'll see and post them...I tried a few different shots...was more after the trails than the kids...I was using the "Night" setting on the Kodak DX 4330 for most of the shots which gave me some nice trails...but blurred the kids...I did use the flash on a few I used the "Sport" setting on and they came out nice...but less of the trails...but because of all of everyones great suggestions...I keep trying different settings...something as little as a month ago, I'd never do...Thank you all for teaching me so much in such a short time. I'm missing tonights fireworks, so I will not be able to post any from tonight...wound up having to watch my granddaughter. Oh well...she's funner to watch anyway...hehe
    Ken

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Hey Ken, do you know when the Rewey Fireworks show is this year? I tried to take some photos there last year, but I didn't get what I was looking for. I'm in the process of downloading some shots from Mineral Points show right now. Getting to late to do anything with them tonight tho. Will have to wait till tomorrow. Happy 4th everyone!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

My turn.

Not much, but better than nothing eh ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-neighbors.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-downdarod.jpg  
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Great shots you three! My personal favourite is Mr. Yuck's one off the ladder!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I'm in the process of downloading some shots from Mineral Points show right now.
    How do you download Provia? ;)

I didn't shoot this year - well, the backyard festivities at a friend's house (good enough that the cops came) but it's my wife's birthday and she wasn't into it. And it was overcast from all the needed rain we got so I probably wouldn't have liked the results anyway...

These are my first attempt at fireworks. Shot f22 1.3" ISO400 50mm using remote shutter release. I was planning on ISO200 but forgot to change it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-img_0750s.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-img_0752s.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-img_0753s.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-img_0759s.jpg  

[QUOTE=another view]How do you download Provia? ;) [QUOTE]

Hahaha, can't get anything by you can I Steve!?!

I couldn't decide if I wanted to shoot film, or digital last night, so I did both.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kkmike
    These are my first attempt at fireworks. Shot f22 1.3" ISO400 50mm using remote shutter release. I was planning on ISO200 but forgot to change it.
    Very nice first attempt. You have a real knack. Nice photos everyone.
    Ken

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hey Ken, do you know when the Rewey Fireworks show is this year? I tried to take some photos there last year, but I didn't get what I was looking for. I'm in the process of downloading some shots from Mineral Points show right now. Getting to late to do anything with them tonight tho. Will have to wait till tomorrow. Happy 4th everyone!
    I think Rewey is this coming weekend, but not sure. I'll check with my daughter and get back with you, Michael. Looking forward to seeing what you captured.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Very nice first attempt. You have a real knack. Nice photos everyone.
    Ken
    Thanks, appreciate it.

Mike, you must have been sitting right next to me last night, I had the same view of the trees!

Oh wait, I don't live near you ...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Wink But I Didn't Shoot Fireworks This Year...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Post your 4th of July photos!

If you're going to a fireworks show this weekend, take a look at the Web Photo School fireworks lesson first. And then post your fireworks or other 4th of July photos in the Events Gallery. I'm especially interested in creative and different fireworks photos.

I want to see everyone's fun bbq and fireworks photos!

Fireworks Photo Lesson >>
    Fireworks and Events Gallery >>
    The wife didn't feel like going. We had a heavy overcast, and weren't sure if we were going to get rained on. Last year, we had rain, and water on the lens ruined more than one shot! And I HATE getting my gear wet. Makes me REAL paranoid that something is going to get ruined.

Here are a couple of my better ones from the past though. The wife thought these were good enough to hang on our bedroom wall.

:-O

N80, Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Reala, four seconds @ f 8. And a Bogen tripod - naturally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-4-jul-03-fireworks-12-pr.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-4-jul-03-fireworks-16-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

My 4th photos

The first shot is a combination of 7 seperate photos. Enjoy!
    (The tree line runs down hill)

Ken, the Rewey show is July 16th, Dodgeville's show is the 9th.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-firework6.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-firework.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-firework2.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-firework5.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Mike, you must have been sitting right next to me last night, I had the same view of the trees!

Oh wait, I don't live near you ...
    I don't know, maybe! They were pretty big trees!

Fireworks Photos and Carnage!

Here's my 2nd attempt at fireworks photos. This year I had a tripod at least, but I still could have used a remote shutter release. Taken with my Sony F828, between 5 and 10 seconds, F8. Took too many at ISO 200 before I realized that's what it was set on and took the rest at ISO 100.

The last two are a common occurance here it the desert at every fireworks event. The Firefighters are always standing by out here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-dsc03826-small.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-fire.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: But I Didn't Shoot Fireworks This Year...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    The wife didn't feel like going. We had a heavy overcast, and weren't sure if we were going to get rained on. Last year, we had rain, and water on the lens ruined more than one shot! And I HATE getting my gear wet. Makes me REAL paranoid that something is going to get ruined.

Here are a couple of my better ones from the past though. The wife thought these were good enough to hang on our bedroom wall.

:-O

N80, Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Reala, four seconds @ f 8. And a Bogen tripod - naturally.
    Here's one from last year. I didn't notice the raindrops on the lens until it was almost over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-4-jul-04-fireworks-47-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

The 4th is gone, but the celebration continues

I took these last night in celebration of Farmers Appriciation Day's. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fireworks Photos!-web1.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-web2.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-web4.jpg   Fireworks Photos!-web3.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Rewey Fireworks - July 15, 2006

Visit my site at http://www.fourseasonsphoto.biz

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

A little late, but this is the first chance I've had to work on them-

From the fireworks show in Morgan Hill, CA

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Quote Originally Posted by FourSeasons
    Rewey Fireworks - July 15, 2006
    Visit my site at http://www.fourseasonsphoto.biz

Welcome to the site! It's nice to see anothern member from the SW part of WI. I have a few shots from Saturday night at Rewey too, but I haven't posted any of them here. I'm looking forward to viewing your website when I get home. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by mjs1973; 07-17-2006 at 07:07 AM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Fireworks All Year!

I took these last night in celebration of Farmers Appriciation Day's. Enjoy.
    Nice ones! And this isn't just for the 4th of July. We've got members all over the world and there are fireworks for all kinds of reasons. In Utah, July 24th is Pioneer Day. And in France, Bastille Day was on July 14th. Maybe Franglais will post some fireworks photos from Paris!?
    Photo-John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information