ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My Favorite Model

You guessed it, it's more pictures of Jack. We saw him for a couple of hours on Saturday after noon while he was play in a small wadding pool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Favorite Model-dsc_1843-2-640.jpg   My Favorite Model-dsc_1857-2-640.jpg   My Favorite Model-dsc_1876-2-640.jpg   My Favorite Model-dsc_1889-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: My Favorite Model

Great shots Larry. I'm fondest of the second and third. The expressions on Jack's face are priceless!
    Lara

Thanks Lara. I can't get enough pictures of this little fellow and he is such a willing model that it very easy to burn up a card on him in no time at all. Him being the first makes everything he does special. Can't wait for the others to arrive this fall. How's that newest one of yours?
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-18-2006 at 05:51 AM.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

These are great! Were you laying on the ground to get those?
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Liz

Great shots of that handsome young man, OT. It's obvious it makes him very happy having you around.

Also - it's great that you're getting him used to cameras and lenses at an early age. Maybe he will take up photography and have his grandfather's photographer's eye.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    You guessed it, it's more pictures of Jack. We saw him for a couple of hours on Saturday after noon while he was play in a small wadding pool.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    These are great! Were you laying on the ground to get those?
    Thanks Adina. Oh yes I was flat on my belly by the pool to get these. The trick was getting the old man back up after the shoot.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Great shots of that handsome young man, OT. It's obvious it makes him very happy having you around.

Also - it's great that you're getting him used to cameras and lenses at an early age. Maybe he will take up photography and have his grandfather's photographer's eye.

Liz
    Thanks Liz, I think he is a natural in front of the camera and knows what is happening and hams for the camera. His mom's camera has a little preflash and as soon as he sees it he breaks into a big grin. Sur ehope he decides to pick up a camera at an early age.

Nikon Samurai #13

I have a photo of my grandpa laying on the floor playing trucks with my youngest, I think it's from last year. Everyone who sees it asks how he got up afterwards. It's one of my favorites, because my youngest is one of the only people he'd do that for (I think he's about 70)
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

He is sooooo cute OT! I love them all!
    I love the dof and the colours. Your clarity is amazing and right where it is needed and your exposure is FANTASTIC.
    The sun doesn't look like it was too harsh the day you shot these or is he in the shade?
    Great images!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Thanks Lara. I can't get enough pictures of this little fellow and he is such a willing model that it very easy to burn up a card on him in no time at all. Him being the first makes everything he does special. Can't wait for the others to arrive this fall. How's that newest one of yours?
    Hiya Larry

Jack is very photogenic! The next grandchild will be just as much of a joy.

Ethan is doing great. He's a happy healthy little one. His big sister will be 4 in a few days. She's had a rough go of it with her tonsils, but they have been removed, and she seems to be doing a lot better.
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Hiya Larry

Jack is very photogenic! The next grandchild will be just as much of a joy.

Ethan is doing great. He's a happy healthy little one. His big sister will be 4 in a few days. She's had a rough go of it with her tonsils, but they have been removed, and she seems to be doing a lot better.

Ethan and Jack are so close we have plenty of notes to compare. Your a little closer to Ethan than we are to Jack so you get to see a lot more of him I'm sure. If Joy goes two week, with out a Jack fix, she starts getting a little jittery and we have to think of some excuse to make a trip down south or get them up here.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    He is sooooo cute OT! I love them all!
    I love the dof and the colours. Your clarity is amazing and right where it is needed and your exposure is FANTASTIC.
    The sun doesn't look like it was too harsh the day you shot these or is he in the shade?
    Great images!

Got him in the shade about 6 pm in the afternoon. When he decided to get out and try out his legs that sun came into play a little. A lot like your belly dancer pics from a couple of days ago. He's got that walking thing down pretty good now too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Favorite Model-dsc_1924-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hi OT, great shots of Jack. As you may remember, I've been on vacation visiting my grandson from Arizona. I will post some of him shortly, as well as some of the other nieces and nephews that I haven't seen in several years. Anyway...as usual, Jack has provided you with some great photos!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

these rae awesome---beautiful colors...very timeless shots....OMG look at those legs!!!!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    these rae awesome---beautiful colors...very timeless shots....OMG look at those legs!!!!
    Jack's a pretty healthy young man. He does have some good size legs on him.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information