ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Capture a Stranger

Last edited by jgredline; 07-26-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Nice one, Javier
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks Frog...Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

εὐχαριστέω σύ

boat2

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

The Shouting Stranger.

I put his attitude down to having a Seasonal Affective Disorder, ... thanks to winter. It is so cold here, I could shout.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-29-2008 at 04:11 AM.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

At my favorite place to eat Mexican Food!!!!
    Kodak HD film
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Javier I could eat mexican food everyday. Nice...
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The Capture of a Stranger Wearing a Red Coat.

Warren.

Posted this in the film section until jgredlne suggested it should go in here.

danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Here is an image I took with my cell phone. Not bad really for what it is....

Here is an old one I found as I am still cleaning out pics.

Here is a recent one.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

The Sofala Pub on ANZAC Day. Total strangers. One of the Brothers wasn't happy having a Gubbu stick a camera in his face.

Sofala Pub is over the top. Sofala is a old gold mining town ... "make that another three Victor Bravos."

A Derro Warming the Polished Granite of a Bank. He was talking to me but wouldn't look at the camera.

I couldn't buy him a Victor Bravo, so I gave him a couple of bucks.

Six Young Strangers.

It is all in the eye contact.

The Proper Businessman Stranger.

A shot called 'Stranger Danger' ... is probably not too many exposures away now.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-30-2008 at 06:21 AM.

A few more as I clean out hard drive and put them in storage...

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Still cleaning out my computer. Here are a couple more..
    BW 400 CN film

εὐχαριστέω σύ

I went to Faggotville in Northern New South Wales, inland from Balina. When I arrived I went straight to a plantation to take photographs, rather than cruise the streets. I'd gone to Faggotville to photograph an avocado plantation ... I like avocados.

I set up the shot, to do an HDR. I intended to do many exposures over an extended period, from sun-up to sun-down, including taking a time exposure showing star trails moving from horizon towards the azimuth ... all taken to enhance the HDR image.

All was going extremely well until I was assulted by an aggressive female stranger ... who could have been the other half of the plantation. One would have hoped the owner/manager of a plantation would have told the 'Memsab' that the plantation was being photographed by a camera wallah , after talking to the photographer ... but what are small overlooked details?

The woman drove up to me and the tripod in the evening (shock horror) in a most life threatening way. skids to a hault about a metre from the tripod with my Canon 300mm quartz optic on it and demands to know what I'm doing. She got out of the car, grabbed the tripod and demanded to know what I was doing, "Taking photographs of your orchard, as I have been commissioned to do," .... which appeared to be the most inept thing to say at the time.

The firebrand Shewolf who had grabbed the camera and tripod, thrust them towards me and said, "I didn't ask you to photograph this place." To which I replied, in an equally inept way, similar to my first lame excuse, "No you didn't, your husband(?) did!"

She then drove off in a huff back towards the plantation house. She was very dark, as dark as ... all adding to the ambience of my interrupted shot.

I then put the camera back, going on the marks in the gravel, to complete the time exposure ... but I got the precise alignment wrong.

Here is the shot ... it isn't a shot of a stranger, it is a shot with the unhelpful collaboration of a stranger ... even better. My latest shot.

HDRs out of alignment, display interesting posibilities for 'stars'. I haven't removed the power lines either, as I originally intended ... they also add to the horror.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-04-2008 at 12:15 AM.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

This is getting crazy about people and pictures..I hope you have some contact with her husband and get reimbursed for your time.

A "Faggotville" in this country would be the butt of many jokes.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Talking Re: Capture a Stranger

"Faggotville" in this country would be the butt of many jokes."

Frog, , Language and life is beautiful, hey?

Before I post my next two shots Frog, I'd like to say, your Mount Rainier landscape is delightful. You made the mountain look safe. I've read about Mt Rainier.

My daughter plays in the kid's Wind Symphany here in the Territory. Lucy is a trumpeter. Last night was the yearly musical feast, so I photographed kids I hadn't seen before in the wind symphany to stay true to this thread.

Strangers blowing up a storm.

... all storms need some thunder.

Tech details of the above shots, ISO 1600 hand held. 1/6th sec at f5.6 with image stabilization activated on Canon's 17-85mm EF-S Lens on a D40. I had a lot of failures ... about 160+ failures.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-03-2008 at 08:48 AM.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

cleaning out stuff ....... no attitudes? It was Bike week after all LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-colorsr.jpg   Capture a Stranger-stranger2r.jpg  

Sony a99/a7R

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Oh heavens! LOL

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Kinda has that abbey road feel about it.

Who is scarier
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here is a stranger from another time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-dsc_9430-2-799.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information