ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Business Trip to NJ/NY

I will taking a business trip to Branchburg, NJ., flying in to Newark this Sunday the 11th, and will be there until next Friday, the 16th. My boss and I will probably not have much time to do alot of "non-business" excursions, but we do plan on some, including at least one evening in New York, which will be my first time visiting the Big Apple. I'm pretty excited, as this will be my first time visiting the East Coast (other than Florida).
    What I'd like to know from the locals close to that area (Liz and Paul?) is, other than New York, is there alot around Branchburg to shoot? I've heard that area is really nice, with rolling hills and such.
    Any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows of some good restaurants around that area (and we are staying at the Marriott-Bridgewater, if that helps any).
    Any info would be much appreciated!!
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    dude...... BRANCHBURG is 6 miles from my house(and I work there), BRIDGEWATER is 3 ;)

email me with what you'd enjoy seeing nature wise and what type of food you like!

rolling hills huh? I must have overlooked my areas hills

hmmm DORIS DUKES estate is nice, but the security shuns imagery at times. farms interest you? there are a few in my area

DEER are everywhere, though shy.

horse farms are maybe 4 miles from your hotel in the RIVER ROAD area of bedminster/ pottersville

a few public gardens in the area

PLENTY OF CONDOS and development housing for all ;)

paulnjmich@rcn.com

a cool swamp is 5 miles away.

the BEST REAL chinese food I can find is between your hotel and BRANCHBURG
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    hmmm... YA know, i may be able to show him around in the AM hours after I get home from work?

I can SURELY give him 5 full days of shooting destinations within 20 miles

AH and there is a month of shooting to do in the GREAT SWAMP which is a 15 minute ride from his hotel. july isn't the best month for "nature" but flowers, birds, deer, trees, wild grasses, frogs, snakes, turtles....... the great swamp has them all ;)

I find the SW to be more photogenic , but I know we have PLENTY of photo ops here too.

unfortunately the best areas in NJ scenic wise are farther north and south...... central NJ is over populated along rt 22, 78, 80, 287
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Talking Thanks for the info Paul...

Much appreciated!! I don't know about the AM hours though, as that is when I'll be going to work! ;) The farm areas sound kinda cool. No rolling hills, huh? My boss lied to me then. I'll have to fire him. ;)
    I'm sure once I get there I'll find things to shoot. I shoot most anything that interests me.
    No Chinese food for me, but my boss might interested in that. I'll email ya for my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    dude...... BRANCHBURG is 6 miles from my house(and I work there), BRIDGEWATER is 3 ;)

email me with what you'd enjoy seeing nature wise and what type of food you like!

rolling hills huh? I must have overlooked my areas hills

hmmm DORIS DUKES estate is nice, but the security shuns imagery at times. farms interest you? there are a few in my area

DEER are everywhere, though shy.

horse farms are maybe 4 miles from your hotel in the RIVER ROAD area of bedminster/ pottersville

a few public gardens in the area

PLENTY OF CONDOS and development housing for all ;)

paulnjmich@rcn.com

a cool swamp is 5 miles away.

the BEST REAL chinese food I can find is between your hotel and BRANCHBURG
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information