Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: flowers

flowers

hey every one im new to the forum here, I thought id post a few of my pictures to see what people think. well here thy are tell me what u think.

~ben~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flowers-flower-1.jpg   flowers-forum-1.jpg   flowers-forum-2.jpg  

Re: flowers

Great Photos but maybe you could sharpen them just a tad.

Ben,

Welcome to the forums. Some great first shots! Though the first one doesn't really work for me, your other ones are great. The first one is just too out of focus on the foreground flower, and the color scheme kind of camoflauges them together. In your second one, the angle is just great! You filled the frame nicely. My one critique would be to maybe enhance the color a little, just to give it a little more 'majestic' feel. Your final one is my favourite. Great DOF, wonderful colors, and just a great composition,

Nice shooting,

Jared

I don’t know if it is my crummy monitor or not but in your first picture it looks like your main blossom might be out of focus and the focus is instead on the secondary (smaller) blossom to the left as well as the leaves below. The color tone is interesting but I think you should have either used more DOF or focused on the larger flower for a more successful picture.

The second shot is nice but I think the wooden lattice in the background is a bit distracting. I also think that this photo might look better if I could see more of the plant (some of the stem and maybe a couple of leaves).

The third picture is my favorite of the group. I think it could use a tad more DOF and a slight shift of the frame. There is a small part of a flower showing on the left and most of a flower on the right. I think it would work better for me if the photo was recomposed to include all of the flower on the right and none of the flower on the left.

I hope this helps,

Greg

Thread Information