Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: some flowers

some flowers

some shots I took in my back yard. The purple flowers were extremely small, the biggest one was maybe 1/4" across. I took them with my Sony DSC-F828.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some flowers-purple-flowers1.jpg   some flowers-purple-flower-2.jpg   some flowers-bee-flower.jpg  

TJM
    Great Sage Equal of Heaven
    I like the third one the best. The backgrounds are a bit distracting on all of them. The lighting is also a bit harsh, fill flash or reflectors (sheets of paper/styrofoam/etc.) can work pretty well I like the shots, well done, thanks for sharing

-Toby McFadden

Thanks.. I've had that comment before about the backgrounds of my flower pictures being busy. I'll have to be more consious about that in the future. They were also taken in direct sunlight. I'll try difussing the light next time. It sucks though because the desert blossom season is about over, and pretty soon they'll all be dead weeds. Maybe I can catch some late blossoms, or I guess, wait 'til next year....

Thanks fore the comments!!

Thread Information