Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Angry Don't buy from Flashcard Direct

They may not sell cameras, but they sell compact flashcards and other storage devices for cameras. I bought a 512 MB flashcard through their website last year, and it worked fine until last week. Totally corrupted, cannot reformat it and lost quite a few pictures of my Tasmanian trip. So I have since sent several emails to every link on their site, including their so-called "techsupport" email link. I want them to tell me their address in Hong Kong so I can return the flashcard for a replacement, because it's still under warranty. But they flatly refuse to respond to my messages for a replacement. So the warning is: Don't buy from "flashcard direct.com". Mark, Melbourne Australia.

Still waiting for Flashcard Direct

Just a follow up from my last message. Eventually the company replied with a post office address in Hong Kong, but 5 weeks after returning the faulty flash card I'm still waiting for Flashcard Direct in Hong Kong to send me a replacement. A warning I suppose about buying items from foreign countries over the internet.

That is true Mark, but there are a few reputable companies to buy from directly on the Internet, like B&HPhotoVideo, I have purchased from them several times, currently waiting on an order from them and haven't (touch wood) had a problem yet. Don't let just the one experience cloud things for other reputable places.

Another place I use regularly is http://www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au without any problems at all. There are several companies in Australia that I deal directly with online and again haven't had a problem. Certainly dealing with Hong Kong, I would have to think several times whether to take a chance or not.

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Thread Information