• 07-13-2004, 04:08 PM
    mark_158
    Don't buy from Flashcard Direct
    They may not sell cameras, but they sell compact flashcards and other storage devices for cameras. I bought a 512 MB flashcard through their website last year, and it worked fine until last week. Totally corrupted, cannot reformat it and lost quite a few pictures of my Tasmanian trip. So I have since sent several emails to every link on their site, including their so-called "techsupport" email link. I want them to tell me their address in Hong Kong so I can return the flashcard for a replacement, because it's still under warranty. But they flatly refuse to respond to my messages for a replacement. So the warning is: Don't buy from "flashcard direct.com". Mark, Melbourne Australia.
  • 08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
    mark_158
    Still waiting for Flashcard Direct
    Just a follow up from my last message. Eventually the company replied with a post office address in Hong Kong, but 5 weeks after returning the faulty flash card I'm still waiting for Flashcard Direct in Hong Kong to send me a replacement. A warning I suppose about buying items from foreign countries over the internet.
  • 08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
    Peter_AUS
    That is true Mark, but there are a few reputable companies to buy from directly on the Internet, like B&HPhotoVideo, I have purchased from them several times, currently waiting on an order from them and haven't (touch wood) had a problem yet. Don't let just the one experience cloud things for other reputable places.

Another place I use regularly is http://www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au without any problems at all. There are several companies in Australia that I deal directly with online and again haven't had a problem. Certainly dealing with Hong Kong, I would have to think several times whether to take a chance or not.

Hope it all works out for you in the end.