ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

gee thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopeli
    Regardless of how scary you look, we all still love you. ;)
    I think ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

One of the worst things said to me was one of the best things that ever happened to me. When I was in seminary I wrote an article for our school's paper and turned it in to the editor. As he began to glance it over he belched out a huge laugh. Naturally I was upset. So I asked him what was so funny, and he said it wasn't the content of my article that made him laugh but my grammar. In fact, he said it was "absolutely atrocious!" From that point on I was determined never to be laughed at again for my grammar, so I took an English and composition course (the latter twice!) and, behold, I'm now a decent writer. And that's what you've got to in situtations like this. Never let yourselves become intimidated or inhibited by criticism--even when it's harsh or uncalled for--but rather use it to your advantage to better yourself. I can't remember who originated this saying, but it goes like this: "Are you a victim or a victor?" The answer to that question will determine not just your outlook on life but how well you succeed through life as well.

Ray

no time for that

I was trying to keep Anastasia from crying (she's teething and was sick and miserable) add that to the equation...
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    Hmm... Interesting thread. I'm not sure what the worst thing ever said to me was. It could be the time my grandmother pointed out that my family loved my brother better because he was the first child.
    I have had many random, in my opinion, rather funny things yelled at me. There was the time my friend and I were shopping the day after Thanksgiving and I "stalked" a lady leaving the store in order to get her parking spot, as there was absolutely nowhere to park, and a lady in an SUV came tearing down the parking lot thinking that she was going to get my parking spot. She didn't of course, but was highly upset when I waved to her after getting out of the car, so she yelled at my friend and I that we needed to go to the gym. We both thought it was a rather funny insult, all things considered.

I was insulted by a man, (different time, same friend) in a Lexus SUV. I also own a beat up old truck and unfortunately the back brakes went out right before I was supposed to take Kara to pick up some furniture. We were in horrible traffic and the guy in the Lexus decided he wanted to be in the far left (fast) lane where I was. He just decided to start moving over, despite the fact that I was in the lane. I couldn't get my truck to stop fast enough to make room to let him over, so I didn't. He was within inches of hitting me when I finally blew my horn. He rolled down his window and ask "Aren't you going to let me in?" to which I replied, "NO, not anymore I'm not."
    His only comeback to that was, "What would your mother think of you?"
    I might be an agressive driver, but at least I don't yell bad insults out the window.
    *Smiles*

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    I think I'm going to win, since mine is from my own mother. Now I know my mother loves me dearly, but the woman just doesn't think sometimes. So here's the sitch:

I think I was 20 or so -- my sister and her family were visiting from Georgia and they had been hoping to dump their kids on my parents and have a nice dinner out by themselves, but my mother had other ideas. So there I am, sitting at the dining room table, when all of a sudden my mother asks me if I think I can handle watching my 9 nieces and nephews that Friday night.

"Why?" I ask. Well, because then she and my father, my two sisters and their husbands, and my brother and his then-wife can all go out to dinner! I just sat there for a minute before responding, "Let me get this straight. You want me to watch everybody else's kids so that you can all go out to dinner.....without me?"

OUCH.

Danielle

OOOhhh! One more!!

Not me, but my dh.

So my dh's mom is Native American/Spanish, and his dad is as white as they come. When my dh was young (around 5ish), his grandmother on his mom's side used to call them ugly in Spanish because they were "mixed".

Ahh, nothing like the love of a grandmother

adina

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Sheesh Penny! Very sorry to here this -- but you have a family here that loves ya to pieces!

Danielle

The worst thing anyone ever said to me?
    HMMM - I know:

"NO" ;)

wheelchairs

I had a similar misconception of how people in wheel chairs are treated and had a wake up call when we went to Disney when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant (yeah it was stupid timing) and after two days I had had enough of being elbowed in the belly and ridiculously long lines and humidity in June in FL...so we got a wheelchair so I could have a better time---HA!

some of my favorites "Why does she get a wheelchair --Is she fat or pregnant?"

"Why does she get to go to the front of the line just cause she got knocked up"

Needless to say I realized how discourteous I have been to people in wheelchairs and it helped my charcater out and helped me to appreciate my mobility and stop whining(sometimes)

Sorry about your mom...I don't have one so blatantly rude and mean mine is passive aggresive and throws the zingers and gulit out...

Thnaks for sharing
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I don't mind critiscism that builds up

meaness and nastiness are just unecessary. I'm glad you were able to gain something from that experience. Nad I'm glad you shared a lighter and brighter way to handle these type of situations
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

What?????

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    doing up that far north ;) I'm teasing Paul (ya know I love ya man)

what made him THAT angry??? He must have been from Massachusetts (home of Road rage)

that must have been wicked scary...thanks for sharing
    It's not my style to punch a windshield, driver's side windows are easier ;)

SSSSSSSSSHHHHH

Seacrest OUT
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

somehow I thought you might know that

I agree ;) shhhhh mine was by accident------sorta (I was 16 what can I say)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information