ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What do you mean I didn't take the pictures?

Hell if I put my CF card in with pics (jpg's) on it from my D70 into My D300 the D300 wont even see them. How could you load pics that werent taken with that particular model and hve the camera see them?

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Oh and my photos were submitted online, direct to their machine.
    I got a call about 1/2 hour later asking me to take in my camera !
    I pointed out that I wasn't about to take in to their store around £12000 worth of gear and then their bag-search at the door stop me getting in ...
    So I agreed to take in my Canon Professional Services card instead
    That shut them up pretty quick !
    So it has uses beyond getting my equipment serviced on priority.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Oh and my photos were submitted online, direct to their machine.
    I got a call about 1/2 hour later asking me to take in my camera !
    I pointed out that I wasn't about to take in to their store around £12000 worth of gear and then their bag-search at the door stop me getting in ...
    So I agreed to take in my Canon Professional Services card instead
    That shut them up pretty quick !
    So it has uses beyond getting my equipment serviced on priority.
    Doh! I have an NPS (Nikon Pro) card (because of my F5 and F6 and D1 bodies and a collection of lenses)... I should have flashed that! The thing is that although NPS will take care of my D200 (which I bought Used...) even though it didn't qualify as a PRO camera, I still have to pay ridiculous amounts for things even as small as fixing the battery door. One of my images was taken with a 300mm f/2.8 VR. I can assure you that I was NOT going to bring a $4500 lens into the store. That's also why I didn't give them my memory card.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog
    Random side question, but what kind of license did you show them? Where do you get one?

Also what about the photographic release forms etc ? If someone could explain all the legal documentation that goes with being a pro photog (not that I'm anywhere close to that), it would be awesome for us noobs
    It was my driver's license to show that it coincided with the image's exif data. As for release documentation what I typically have is a form that says that I, the original photographer, have given the individual bearing the sheet/form the right for the individual to make prints for individual, not-for-profit use. The issue is that I didn't have one of those forms on me since I have usually considered them more of a formality. After doing a bit of reasearch... I found this. Still, I plan to print elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    BTW, you should actually feel sorry for them. Imagine if you had to work at that job... :cryin:
    IF I worked at that job I would first contact my manager to see what could be done instead of arguing with no knowledge of store procedures. I only feel sorry for someone in such a situation if they manage it without arguing with the customer: such a thing is not acceptable from anybody in the retail industry or any job for that matter.
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgingEyes
    Sorry to jump in with a OT question, but could you tell me what the labs do with my files after they've printed them?
    Hi, sorry I took so long to respond.. I was out backpacking the last 3 days..

Anyway, at my store we kept the files on our computer for about a week before deleting them. That way if there were any issues with an order we could quickly pull up the files to reprint them or make a cd if the customers memory card was lost, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935
    Hi, sorry I took so long to respond.. I was out backpacking the last 3 days..

Anyway, at my store we kept the files on our computer for about a week before deleting them. That way if there were any issues with an order we could quickly pull up the files to reprint them or make a cd if the customers memory card was lost, etc..
    I actually don't mind them keeping files. At least for the pro labs where I have to ship to California it beats sending them a 500MB stitched pano via FTP (which takes A REALLY LONG TIME) or a DVD via the mail if I need to reprint for some reason.
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information