ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,110

    Unhappy Well I'm a little disappointed with UPS

    I paid for overnight shipping on my 1DMkII (plus a ton of studio accessories-bogen autopoles, muslin backdrops, etc), was supposed to get the goods Friday and didn't. The website said the packages were on schedule, in transit for overnight delivery and on time for delivery Friday. I called UPS Friday, and the goods never left New York. It finally shipped out later that day, and was scheduled for arrival today. Well I called of course, and guess what? It's been rescheduled for delivery TOMMORROW! I, of course, am a little bummed out. I was hoping to take the new camera for a workout this weekend before using it in the office. Next time, I'll pay the extra $50 bucks and go FedEx-when it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Actually, I think this may only be the 2nd or 3rd time I can recall UPS dropping the ball on me in 10 years. Can't seem to remember FedEx letting me down, but I could be wrong. Looks like posts from the new camera will have to wait a little longer.
    Seek the Son and the shadows fall behind you.

    slowly inching to 2000

    Mac's Rule, Windblows drools
    Friends don't let Friends use WindBlows XPee
    <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/schrackman/clover.jpg">Lionheart O'Canon Feel Free to Help

  2. #2
    has-been... another view's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    7,649
    If you ordered it (and paid for it) to ship next day, then you should be able to get a credit on the shipping charges. If your order was processed before the store's cutoff time for shipping but they didn't get it out the door, then it's their fault. If UPS got it Thursday but still didn't deliver then it's their fault. Either way, they should take care of it. Wasn't trying to leave Florida during the hurricane, was it?

  3. #3
    mjm
    mjm is offline
    that guy.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Mesa, CA USA
    Posts
    221
    i am not a big UPS fan. my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate (about 5 feet high). pretty much everything i order is computer hardware or camera gear. ugh.

  4. #4
    Hardcore...Nikon Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Newport, NC
    Posts
    4,319

    my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate

    Quote Originally Posted by mjm
    i am not a big UPS fan. my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate (about 5 feet high). pretty much everything i order is computer hardware or camera gear. ugh.

    UGH!!!

    I'd be screaming bloody murder over that!

    Guess I'm lucky. The local UPS guy leaves my packages on my front porch.
    Nikon Samurai # 1


    http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

    http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,110

    one advantage to UPS in these backwoods is...

    that everybody knows everybody up here, including the UPS drivers. So whenever a package ships to the office for me personally (no Jackson Creek Dental Group in the address) and I'm not there to recieve it, the guys will often drop it off at my house. The FedEx guys never do this.
    Seek the Son and the shadows fall behind you.

    slowly inching to 2000

    Mac's Rule, Windblows drools
    Friends don't let Friends use WindBlows XPee
    <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/schrackman/clover.jpg">Lionheart O'Canon Feel Free to Help

  6. #6
    Obsessive-compulsive... Steph_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by another view
    If you ordered it (and paid for it) to ship next day, then you should be able to get a credit on the shipping charges. If your order was processed before the store's cutoff time for shipping but they didn't get it out the door, then it's their fault. If UPS got it Thursday but still didn't deliver then it's their fault. Either way, they should take care of it. Wasn't trying to leave Florida during the hurricane, was it?
    If this is an international shipment, they will blame the customs! And there is nothing you can do about it!

    I am shipping loads of stuff between Canada and the US. I am trying to avoid UPS as much as I can. Last time, they charged me $60 on a $40 shipment for brokerage fees! And without any warning! 2 months later, they sent me an invoice saying that I still owned them about $10 because they forgot to charge me for an obscure service... needless to say I never paid!

    Fedex is a little bit more reliable...

    Aaahhh... that felt good!

  7. #7
    Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,110

    Oooooh!!!! That makes my teeth hurt visualizing

    expensive hardware learning to fly over fences. I'd be calling UPS and screaming bloody murder on that one. Heck, I called this morning to BH photo and let them know I'm expecting reimbursement on the difference in shipping, and they were in agreement. Now I just have to wait and see if they're good to their word.
    Seek the Son and the shadows fall behind you.

    slowly inching to 2000

    Mac's Rule, Windblows drools
    Friends don't let Friends use WindBlows XPee
    <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/schrackman/clover.jpg">Lionheart O'Canon Feel Free to Help

  8. #8
    has-been... another view's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph_B
    Aaahhh... that felt good!
    Glad to help

  9. #9
    Princess of the OT adina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    rockin' it in the D
    Posts
    3,853
    I love UPS. I guess I'm an odd one out here. I have never had anything but good service with them, and the UPS guy knows me by name, knows my car, knows my house. In fact, if I see him driving in town he waves to me. My oldest refers to him as "mom's good friend the UPS man", even when we just see a truck. It's "Oh, there goes mom's good friend the UPS man"

    adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

  10. #10
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Talking UPS....overnight

    I live in NJ. If I order photo equipment from B&H in the morning, I get it the next morning even paying the cheapest ground rate. It's a good deal - however, I have to be sure I order before they don't ship that day.

    Liz

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart
    I paid for overnight shipping on my 1DMkII (plus a ton of studio accessories-bogen autopoles, muslin backdrops, etc), was supposed to get the goods Friday and didn't. The website said the packages were on schedule, in transit for overnight delivery and on time for delivery Friday. I called UPS Friday, and the goods never left New York. It finally shipped out later that day, and was scheduled for arrival today. Well I called of course, and guess what? It's been rescheduled for delivery TOMMORROW! I, of course, am a little bummed out. I was hoping to take the new camera for a workout this weekend before using it in the office. Next time, I'll pay the extra $50 bucks and go FedEx-when it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Actually, I think this may only be the 2nd or 3rd time I can recall UPS dropping the ball on me in 10 years. Can't seem to remember FedEx letting me down, but I could be wrong. Looks like posts from the new camera will have to wait a little longer.

  11. #11
    MJS
    MJS is offline
    Digital Video Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    1,390
    If I still lived in North Jersey, I'd be at B&H every weekend drooling all over everything. I'll be up that way the weekend of April 24 when my son's high school bands play at Carnegie Hall. Lots of video and still shooting, along with at least 1 hour at B&H. Maybe I'd better warn them to have the lobster bibs and shop vacs warmed up. We UPS everything for my department at school and have never had a problem.

    GO BROWN!!

  12. #12
    Liz
    Liz is offline
    Moderator Emeritus Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,983

    Talking Heheh!

    1 hour at B&H.

    Not possible!

    at least 1 hour at B&H.

    a little better, but unrealistic.

    Have fun.

    Liz



    Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    If I still lived in North Jersey, I'd be at B&H every weekend drooling all over everything. I'll be up that way the weekend of April 24 when my son's high school bands play at Carnegie Hall. Lots of video and still shooting, along with at least 1 hour at B&H. Maybe I'd better warn them to have the lobster bibs and shop vacs warmed up. We UPS everything for my department at school and have never had a problem.

    GO BROWN!!

  13. #13
    MJS
    MJS is offline
    Digital Video Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    1,390
    No kidding. Every time I go in there, my family threatens to put a GPS tracker in my pocket so they can send in the rescue party.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. neat close ups of objects....
    By bighitboy in forum Photo Critique
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •