• 09-27-2004, 11:03 AM
    Lionheart
    Well I'm a little disappointed with UPS
    I paid for overnight shipping on my 1DMkII (plus a ton of studio accessories-bogen autopoles, muslin backdrops, etc), was supposed to get the goods Friday and didn't. The website said the packages were on schedule, in transit for overnight delivery and on time for delivery Friday. I called UPS Friday, and the goods never left New York. It finally shipped out later that day, and was scheduled for arrival today. Well I called of course, and guess what? It's been rescheduled for delivery TOMMORROW! I, of course, am a little bummed out. I was hoping to take the new camera for a workout this weekend before using it in the office. Next time, I'll pay the extra $50 bucks and go FedEx-when it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Actually, I think this may only be the 2nd or 3rd time I can recall UPS dropping the ball on me in 10 years. Can't seem to remember FedEx letting me down, but I could be wrong. Looks like posts from the new camera will have to wait a little longer. :(
  • 09-27-2004, 11:30 AM
    another view
    If you ordered it (and paid for it) to ship next day, then you should be able to get a credit on the shipping charges. If your order was processed before the store's cutoff time for shipping but they didn't get it out the door, then it's their fault. If UPS got it Thursday but still didn't deliver then it's their fault. Either way, they should take care of it. Wasn't trying to leave Florida during the hurricane, was it? :rolleyes:
  • 09-27-2004, 11:46 AM
    mjm
    i am not a big UPS fan. my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate (about 5 feet high). pretty much everything i order is computer hardware or camera gear. ugh.
  • 09-27-2004, 12:03 PM
    Speed
    my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjm
    i am not a big UPS fan. my driver likes to drop my packages over my gate (about 5 feet high). pretty much everything i order is computer hardware or camera gear. ugh.

UGH!!!

I'd be screaming bloody murder over that!

Guess I'm lucky. The local UPS guy leaves my packages on my front porch.
  • 09-27-2004, 12:12 PM
    Lionheart
    one advantage to UPS in these backwoods is...
    that everybody knows everybody up here, including the UPS drivers. So whenever a package ships to the office for me personally (no Jackson Creek Dental Group in the address) and I'm not there to recieve it, the guys will often drop it off at my house. The FedEx guys never do this.
  • 09-27-2004, 12:17 PM
    Steph_B
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    If you ordered it (and paid for it) to ship next day, then you should be able to get a credit on the shipping charges. If your order was processed before the store's cutoff time for shipping but they didn't get it out the door, then it's their fault. If UPS got it Thursday but still didn't deliver then it's their fault. Either way, they should take care of it. Wasn't trying to leave Florida during the hurricane, was it? :rolleyes:

If this is an international shipment, they will blame the customs! And there is nothing you can do about it!

I am shipping loads of stuff between Canada and the US. I am trying to avoid UPS as much as I can. Last time, they charged me $60 on a $40 shipment for brokerage fees! And without any warning! 2 months later, they sent me an invoice saying that I still owned them about $10 because they forgot to charge me for an obscure service... needless to say I never paid!

Fedex is a little bit more reliable...

Aaahhh... that felt good!
  • 09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
    Lionheart
    Oooooh!!!! That makes my teeth hurt visualizing
    expensive hardware learning to fly over fences. I'd be calling UPS and screaming bloody murder on that one. Heck, I called this morning to BH photo and let them know I'm expecting reimbursement on the difference in shipping, and they were in agreement. Now I just have to wait and see if they're good to their word.
  • 09-27-2004, 12:49 PM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph_B
    Aaahhh... that felt good!

Glad to help :D
  • 09-27-2004, 01:00 PM
    adina
    I love UPS. I guess I'm an odd one out here. I have never had anything but good service with them, and the UPS guy knows me by name, knows my car, knows my house. In fact, if I see him driving in town he waves to me. My oldest refers to him as "mom's good friend the UPS man", even when we just see a truck. It's "Oh, there goes mom's good friend the UPS man"

adina
  • 09-27-2004, 05:05 PM
    Liz
    UPS....overnight
    I live in NJ. If I order photo equipment from B&H in the morning, I get it the next morning even paying the cheapest ground rate. It's a good deal - however, I have to be sure I order before they don't ship that day. :rolleyes:

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
    I paid for overnight shipping on my 1DMkII (plus a ton of studio accessories-bogen autopoles, muslin backdrops, etc), was supposed to get the goods Friday and didn't. The website said the packages were on schedule, in transit for overnight delivery and on time for delivery Friday. I called UPS Friday, and the goods never left New York. It finally shipped out later that day, and was scheduled for arrival today. Well I called of course, and guess what? It's been rescheduled for delivery TOMMORROW! I, of course, am a little bummed out. I was hoping to take the new camera for a workout this weekend before using it in the office. Next time, I'll pay the extra $50 bucks and go FedEx-when it absolutely, positively, has to be there. Actually, I think this may only be the 2nd or 3rd time I can recall UPS dropping the ball on me in 10 years. Can't seem to remember FedEx letting me down, but I could be wrong. Looks like posts from the new camera will have to wait a little longer. :(

• 09-27-2004, 06:41 PM
    MJS
    If I still lived in North Jersey, I'd be at B&H every weekend drooling all over everything. I'll be up that way the weekend of April 24 when my son's high school bands play at Carnegie Hall. Lots of video and still shooting, along with at least 1 hour at B&H. Maybe I'd better warn them to have the lobster bibs and shop vacs warmed up. We UPS everything for my department at school and have never had a problem.

GO BROWN!!
  • 09-27-2004, 07:06 PM
    Liz
    Heheh!
    1 hour at B&H.

Not possible!

at least 1 hour at B&H.

a little better, but unrealistic. :p

Have fun.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS
    If I still lived in North Jersey, I'd be at B&H every weekend drooling all over everything. I'll be up that way the weekend of April 24 when my son's high school bands play at Carnegie Hall. Lots of video and still shooting, along with at least 1 hour at B&H. Maybe I'd better warn them to have the lobster bibs and shop vacs warmed up. We UPS everything for my department at school and have never had a problem.

GO BROWN!!

• 09-27-2004, 07:09 PM
    MJS
    No kidding. Every time I go in there, my family threatens to put a GPS tracker in my pocket so they can send in the rescue party.