ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

I just joined my name is Gary AKA Melagoo

I look forward to coming here often ...

Hi
    my name is Cakey and I live in Cheshunt which is a couple of miles north of London
    Im a carp fisherman so as well as trophy shots I get lots of sunrises and sunsets ,and landscapes but I love real close up photography

be gentle with me

Well this is a hot site ............................cant keep up with the replies

Am I in the wrong place ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cakey
    Am I in the wrong place ??
    I don't think so, This "WELCOME" thread seems (to me) like the place to say hi to the rest while saying a bit about yourself, then just sit back and watch the others introductions.
    I suspect this thread is not for carrying on conversations. I note there are many other threads here that are. BTW, HI.
    -Bruce

Hello... I'm sazzuke but my real name mazli.. I still new in photography... I found out this forum so cool, so I hope can gain knowledge from here...:thumbsup:

Britpol

Re: Hello

Thanks for the welcome. Real name is Les and I've lived in Krakow Poland for 8 years. Absolute beginner and I'll be buying a Sony Alpha 100 next week. I want to take wildlife pics in the main. I look forward to being a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    I don't think so, This "WELCOME" thread seems (to me) like the place to say hi to the rest while saying a bit about yourself, then just sit back and watch the others introductions.
    I suspect this thread is not for carrying on conversations. I note there are many other threads here that are. BTW, HI.
    -Bruce
    That's pretty much the idea. This is just a spot to introduce yourself before jumping right in. I swear though, we don't bite...LOL To all those that have posted so far in this thread and to all those that will post in the future, welcome to PR :thumbsup: I hope you will find that everyone here is very friendly as well as eager to share and help. Whether you have questions on gear, want a critique on a photo, or just want to share a pic of your favorite pet, please don't hesitate to post away. Happy shooting everyone and I look forward to seeing you all around the boards here at PR

Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Hi all
    My name Denis
    This site is fantastic,I visited most and this is the best.
    I just love looking, and taking pictures.I,am not that good,but with the help of the site i hope to improve. So thank you all.
    Denis
    aka, Steel199

Hello,

My name is Michael, and I am a 36 year old married, father of one precious 20 month old, and practicing Emergency Medicine.

I am an avid, some might even say, rabid, triathlete and cyclist, and actually found this place on the recommendation of several of my friends over on roadbikereview.com.

I have always had an interest in photography, I even took a class in HS, although, the teacher seemed much more interested in teaching and discussing film DEVELOPMENT, rather than actual shooting and composition skillz. I just recently made the jump to the dSLR technology, buying a Sony A100, which, so far, I am completely blown away by.

I tend to be sometimes a little blunt, so I hope that people understand that about me, but that's the way I'm built. Looking forward to reading, and more importantly learning.

Mike
    SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"No matter whether a person belongs to the upper or lower ranks, if he has not put his life on the line at least once, he has cause for shame" Nabeshima Naoshige (1538-1618, A.D.)

hello all! My name is Virginia. Right now I'm into film photography, specifically B&W, and I use a Canon AE1 that was my grandfather's, which he gave me back when I first started taking photography classes. I'm hoping to move onto a dSLR within the year. I love photographing people, and I just took my first foray into concert photography with my SLR instead of my stanard point and shoot digital.

Hi Everybody..

I'm Lauryn and very new to all this digital stuff. I was lucky and got a Canon XT for Christmas last year..

I've been doing photography for 23 years, starting with an A1, EOS and now the XT. My main job is ringside photography for professional wrestling.. yes, professional wrestling. When I'm not ringside, I can be found in the locker room bandaging up these crazy guys.. My day job is at a hospital. I'm also a volunteer EMT and an EMT Instructor here in NJ.

I'm a little slow in understanding all the nuances of digital, but I'm getting there!

Novice

Hi Lauryn, I'm Cin. (Affectionately dubbed Cinful by my playful friends...)

I just bought my first digital SLR, it's a Canon Rebel XT, as well!!. I love it already, although I've only had it 2 days. I played early Santa to myself; I deserved it. LOL

Although I know very little about photography I'm looking forward to become the best photographer I can be. I also look forward to meeting folks here.

PS: My boyfriend writes a professional wrestling column for The Fight Network. His column archives can be found at http://richardberger.blogspot.com/

What a small world!

yo guys im kevin or otherwises known as BOBMAN!!! dont ask why.
    im only 18 but ive been filming stuff all my life and snapping away with anything you put in my hands...
    as its xmas ive been given a canon 400d slr lucky me
    im part of a group of nutters called the welshbockers http://www.welshbockers.co.uk, its a non profit club for jumping stilts, and this is where my main point of photography is...take a look at the site to see what we do.
    hope learn some cool stuff from this forum and meet some wicked ppl.
    keep on snapping!!!
    KEV

Hi, I'm Keith. I'm new to the DSLR world and pretty new all-around. I got a Canon Rebel XT today, and have been having a good fun time playing around with it.

I'm planning on taking more outdoorsy pictures than anything else, and I'm really looking forward to getting some pictures to share here.

snap, flash, action. snapflash296's Avatar

hi!!

i'm new to this site. my name's jeni and i'm a 19 year old business student in pa. i picked up photography in high school and i've been hooked ever since. i shoot a pentax k1000 on ilford hp5 b/w film, and a digital canon powershot.

i don't have a lot of my work online yet, because my scanner isn't working, but hopefully i'll be able to share with you soon!! here's a little bit though. XD

~ jeni
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome!!-img_0958.jpg   Welcome!!-img_0187.jpg   Welcome!!-img_0058.jpg   Welcome!!-img_0946.jpg   Welcome!!-img_0263.jpg  

Hi everyone. My name is Scott (aka Fally). I just got my first "serious" camera yesterday, a Nikon D80 and had to find a forum to join! So on the same day I got this camera, I signed up on this board.

I look forward to many learning experiences here and to reading tips and tricks on neat features of different cameras.

Happy New Year!

Scott
    aka Fally

Hello all. I am getting re-involved with photography after a couple of years "off". I'm enjoying the info here. Thanks in advance for the help!

Have a great day!

Shane

Hi everyone!

My name is Amy and i have always loved taking pictures, mainly of friends and family but also of my travels. I'm hoping to get into photography a bit more seriously and maybe take a course or something. I found this site whilst researching cameras etc and you all looked/sounded like a helpful bunch so here i am. Hello!

Hi to all:
    I just joined today and I am exploring the site.
    I own the following:
    EOS 850 Film camera
    Canon PowerShot A560.

Plenty of experience with the 850, new to the PowerShot but learning quicly.

Julian

Talking Re: Welcome!!

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Robin.. I live in Texas.. I just got a Nikon D40 for Christmas and I love it!
    I got it to take pictures of my son's basketball games, my family, and old churches..
    I learn by doing, so It's taking some time to learn the camera and all of it's functions. Bear with me, when I read this site I feel like you all are speaking a foreign language.
    I'll put up some pics soon for some expert advice..
    Thanks
    Krashysmashy!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Hi to everyone......see xia's post above and hoping no one takes offense when not responded to here.
    We welcome everyone at every level that wants to learn from each other.
    Ask questions and join or start threads and you'll most likely get responses.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Hey All, I am new here. New to shooting with a DSLR just got a Nikon D40 and I love it. hoping to get some great tips and hints from you guys here!

Welcome luckeepinkstar and all of our other recent introductions We don't bite (except for maybe Frog when he's hungry ) so please feel free to jump right in if you have any questions, want to share some pics, or even just to chat :thumbsup:

Happy Shooting,
    Aaron
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Hi luckeepinkstar. Its true! I do bite when hungry so just keep me well fed with lots of pictures and questions and stuff.
    I'm going to go look at what you've posted already now.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information