ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hi All,
    New to this. I am a bit lost on this forum stuff.
    I wanted info on my old Canon Powershot A80 & the faulty CCD sensor?
    But it seems I need 5 posts !! HELP?

Hello

I'm not sure if this post will go through. Every time I try to create a post it tells me I have to have 5 posts to post. Hopefully this can be the start of my 5 posts, haha.

My name is Julie, and I'm new to photography. I love to take photos of people. Unfortunately, people in general don't like to have their photo taken. I manage to get some sneak pics taken here and there until people catch on to me and then they hide. I resort to taking photos of my animals, or some landscaping, but it doesn't thrill me at all. My favorite thing to do of all time, is take photos of people and then give the photos to them if they turn out. I like to see people smile and enjoy them, like I do! What I'd like from this forum, is to gain more perspective by getting feedback on how I can improve. I would also like to learn how to take photos of activities where I can't keep my camera still (like watersports activities shot from the small speedboat, where there is barely enough room for a tripod which seems like it wouldn't help anyways). I don't have photoshop or anything like that. I'd love to, but it scares me too, in that it might be too complicated with "layers" etc. I did recently get picassa because a friend told me about it, and it was free.

Thanks for reading! I hope this post works!

Ditto! How do we get our post count up to 5 when we aren't allowed to post anywhere until we have 5 posts?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome, julestx. I'm not positive how it is working now but part of the reason for needing 5 posts is to help reduce spam.
    I think the 5 post rule is for posting links or starting threads, so if you have no links or are only replying to started threads, your count will increase rapidly.
    Anyway, your up to two, so keep at it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to photography. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing.

Hello all, long time forum stalker first time poster. Pretty new to DSLR shooting. Own a residential contracting company and got a Canon XS simply for taking photos of our projects. 18 months ago I had a little bundle of joy enter the world and found a whole new reason to click the shutter. Of course your friends and family can only stand you showing pictures of the same baby for just so long....even if she is the most perfect thing in the world. But now i just want to take pictures of everything. People in the park, cool and unusual architecture, sporting events. What ever I can do to learn how different adjustments make changes to the end result. I have lurking in the photo critique forum and learning from the advice from many of the members on what makes a good photo. Not even close to pretending I know what I am doing but thought it was about time I thank the members and show what i have learned so far. And I promise it will not be all baby photos.

I could never figure out why people got tired of looking at the baby photos of my grandkids either.
    Glad you have become more than a lurker.
    As for the critique forum, I critique frequently, not because I'm an expert but because it teaches me.
    Hope to see some pics from you soon.
    Keep Shooting!

Yes I have seen you over there in Critique. Good point on learning from giving criticism. Will be post up soon as I can find 2 more reasons reasons to post with out being annoying to get in my 5 post. Here's #3

Hi guys, As you can see I am new to the forum so just trying to find my way around, probley I am post this in the wrong thread lol I am no Newby to photography but am new to the Sony camera which i got yesterday the Sony A77v my next buy will be the Sony 500mm mirror lens, I'v been a canon man for the past 10Yr's and mainly into bird photography but can't justify the price of the big lens do have a 400L prime with the Canon7D but always liked the Sony so why not give it a try , Ok guys thanks for looking.

Pat67

Welcome! Hope to see some pics soon.
    Don't forget to look at the project forum...its way down towards the bottom
    Keep Shooting!

Hi all,

New here, posting from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Cheers,
    EC

Hi again,

It seems the nature forum is apparently mainly about photographing birds. Where do those of us that like to photograph insects and other creepy-crawlies post? It’s too bad there isn’t a close-up and macro photography forum on this site. Has there ever been discussion about adding one?

EC

Quote Originally Posted by Ecooper View Post
    Hi again,

It seems the nature forum is apparently mainly about photographing birds. Where do those of us that like to photograph insects and other creepy-crawlies post? It’s too bad there isn’t a close-up and macro photography forum on this site. Has there ever been discussion about adding one?

EC
    The Nature forum is for everything Narure. We have quite a few excellent birders, but all are welcome. Start posting!

btw - your post is in the middle of the thread so you may not get many viewers/replies.

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Yes, welcome! I know it is lots of birds but there are bugs, snakes, lizards, lions and tigers oh my.
    Also flowers, trees, and lots of macros. Maybe not evident from thread title but they are there.
    Keep Shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    The Nature forum is for everything Narure. We have quite a few excellent birders, but all are welcome. Start posting!

btw - your post is in the middle of the thread so you may not get many viewers/replies.

Terry
    Thank-you
    EC

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Yes, welcome! I know it is lots of birds but there are bugs, snakes, lizards, lions and tigers oh my.
    Also flowers, trees, and lots of macros. Maybe not evident from thread title but they are there.
    Thank-you
    EC

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    Terry is correct - the Nature & Wildlife forum is for all kinds of critter and nature photos. I would love to see more diversity there, in fact. So post away with the bug photos! And welcome to the site
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hi
    I'm a journalist/photographer from Finland. I don't take photographs that much these days, but I write about art and photography for local newspapers and magazines. This is my latest endeavour - photoarttalk.com. It's a website about art photography and contemporary photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by koskinen View Post
    Hi
    I'm a journalist/photographer from Finland. I don't take photographs that much these days, but I write about art and photography for local newspapers and magazines. This is my latest endeavour - photoarttalk.com. It's a website about art photography and contemporary photographers.
    Cool Web site! It looks like a sort of online fine art photography magazine. I like the work that you've featured there. Maybe you have something to offer on our Photo Critique forum? Most of the comments there are of a technical nature. But I don't think there's nearly enough discussion about meaning, content and the motivation behind the images. Learning to understand why we are inspired to photograph certain things is very important and not recognized enough, I think.

And of course, we'd love to see some of your work - even if you're not photographing a lot these days. It will help us to get to know you better.

Welcome to the PhotographyREVIEW.com family!
    Photo-John

Hi
    Having recently taken early retirement I thought it would be an opportune time to rediscover SLR photography that I abandoned some 30 years ago.

Bought a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55 lens and quickly supplemented that with a 55-300 VR lens. Must say I'm loving it now I have more time to take the photos and post process them on my Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Old man  big kid View Post
    Hi
    Having recently taken early retirement I thought it would be an opportune time to rediscover SLR photography that I abandoned some 30 years ago.

Bought a Nikon D3100 with a 18-55 lens and quickly supplemented that with a 55-300 VR lens. Must say I'm loving it now I have more time to take the photos and post process them on my Mac.
    Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com! I love your chosen username, Old man  big kid. It says a lot about you. I think you'll fit in here, well. We're passionate about photography but not uptight and most important, we're friendly and respectful.

Please post a review for your Nikon D3100. I wrote a pro review for it last year but we only have one user review so far. I'd also love to see some of the photos you've taken with it. Here's a link to the Nikon D3100 review page: Nikon D3100 Reviews
    Photo-John

Thanks John
    Will certainly write a review or at least give it my best shot!

Once I have the required number of posts under my belt and can provide a link to my website which has (even if I say so myself) a rather wizzy feed from my Flickr account using PHP and Lightbox scripting.

Hello,

I am a typical Mom with a camera and love taking pictures of my children s sporting events as well as all the silly stuff...When they let me.
    I am looking forward to adsorbing a lot of information so I can do all of this better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome!!-p6308415.jpg  

Hi there,

I'm from France, living in Czech Republic and this is my first post.
    I like to take city and landscape pictures but I'm rather new to this, so I hope I'll learn some interesting stuff while hanging around here.

Cheers.

Remi

I'm new to this forum and it looks great, just thought I would say hello

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread Information