ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Some fun with the new camera

I am the VERY HAPPY owner of a new D70 (thanks to my dear hubby) ---all shot on automode ( I got it last night and was too excited to learn) they're in bright non sun so not great but I 'm really happy with even such harsh conditions...they are straight out of the camera except for cropping...

Best parts---barely any shutter lag, it's fast, fast, fast and it's small but sturdy

Pics are of
    1. My upside down swinger Caleb
    2. My extreme sport girl, Anastasia
    3. My friend (the one I did the maternity shots with the perfect belly) and the new little bub
    4. And her beautiful daughter ( a month older than my little girl)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Talking Congratulations Natalie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I am the VERY HAPPY owner of a new D70 (thanks to my dear hubby) ---all shot on automode ( I got it last night and was too excited to learn) they're in bright non sun so not great but I 'm really happy with even such harsh conditions...they are straight out of the camera except for cropping...

Best parts---barely any shutter lag, it's fast, fast, fast and it's small but sturdy

Pics are of
    3. My friend (the one I did the maternity shots with the perfect belly) and the new little bub
    Congratulations on your new camera!

Glad to see you had the good sense to buy a NIKON!!! :-)

You know, you can now be a Nikon Samuai. ;-)

Great shots by the way! Great colors.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Glad to hear you got the new camera. Watch out world. Man your kids are too cute.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great first images...

Great first images with the D70. You are going to love it. I have had mine now for about 3 week and I like it better everytime I use it. There is a little learning curve, but it has not been as bad as I had thought it might be. The fact that your husband supports your photograph passion is great. He sounds like he has many of the same good qualities that my wife has when it comes to my obsession with photography. She has supported me and my image making for the last 32 years. It didn't hurt that my photography brought us together to start with. I was paid by her than fellow to take some pictures of her. The next thing I know I have her photos all over my walls. I few months later we meet again this time there was no other fellow in the picture and as they say the rest is history. She is encouraging me to buy a Nikkor 80-200 f 2.8 now and I would really hate to disappoint her.

She is encouraging me to buy a Nikkor 80-200 f 2.8 now

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Great first images with the D70. You are going to love it. I have had mine now for about 3 week and I like it better everytime I use it. There is a little learning curve, but it has not been as bad as I had thought it might be. The fact that your husband supports your photograph passion is great. He sounds like he has many of the same good qualities that my wife has when it comes to my obsession with photography. She has supported me and my image making for the last 32 years. It didn't hurt that my photography brought us together to start with. I was paid by her than fellow to take some pictures of her. The next thing I know I have her photos all over my walls. I few months later we meet again this time there was no other fellow in the picture and as they say the rest is history. She is encouraging me to buy a Nikkor 80-200 f 2.8 now and I would really hate to disappoint her.

"and I would really hate to disappoint her."

Now that's an understanding spouse! By all means, DO NOT disappoint her!

:-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Liz

Talking NEVER disappoint your wife Sir!

No matter how much it takes, do what she asks! ;)

Until I purchased my first "L" lens, I didn't realize how much of a difference the lens quality can make. Now I have the 17-40 and IMO it's awesome. It's been on my camera for 3 weeks - since the day I bought it.

I know you won't let your wife down (heheh) and I'm looking forward to seeing those pics!

Liz

Liz

Talking Natalie! I'm so happy for you!!!!WOW!WOW!WOW

Natalie,
    You've waited sooooooooo loooooooooong and been soooooooo patient. I'm thrilled that you finally got the D70! Great choice. Your first images look great. Can't you see the difference in quality already? They are sharp, beautiful color.....awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. You have a whole new world opening up for you and I'm happy you're here to share it with us.

Congratulations!

PS - what lens do you have?
    Liz

Pics are of
    Last edited by Liz; 05-07-2004 at 03:10 PM. Reason: forgot something...added ps

Congrats Natalie

I'll be curious to see how it works out for you. These are very nice for right out of the box. Now you get to go mess some up while you're learning how to use all the features.

Pics are of
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Surely after 32 years you've learned...

to not disappoint your wife! You need to have one of those babies on order right now!

It's wonderful to have a spouse that supports your love isn't it?

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Excellent Choice, Excellent!!!!!!!!

I knew I liked you before Nat, but now that you own a Nikon I like you even more!
    ;)
    Let's get out there and make some great images and post them here, the Critique Forum that is!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Awww! That's such an awesome story OldTimer. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Danielle

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    Congrats Nat! I know you're going to love it - looking forward to seeing more pics....SOON!

Danielle

It was the shots you posted that made my final decision so--- thanks!

It is wonderful to have a supportive spouse....I just need him to become a photog too....
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Mig
    C8H10N4O2

No!!!

Then you have to share your toys!

Danielle

Thank you

watch out world is right moving or standing still---NOW I can get the shot...;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information