ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Some NYC snaps...

From last month's trip to NYC, meeting Liz and Sandee. Liz and I didn't get too far into Bryant Park, as they were having a large demonstration/rally. So, I went back the next day and found this neat carousel, closed until later in the day. Shot taken with the Contax G2 #2 was a character who spent hours and hours just sitting amid the bustle of Broadway at Times Square. Saw him in the morning, saw him in the same place later in the day. This one taken with the Olympus C-8080
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some NYC snaps...-nyc452-copy.jpg   Some NYC snaps...-nyc487-copy.jpg  

Nice shots Charles..

Like the second alot, and the man's facial expression. When I was there, I wanted to get some street candids, but I didn't "see" alot of interesting stuff, and the ones I did manage to fire off were crap. I hope to develop an eye for this sort of thing one day.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Me Myself and I
    You're "da man" Charles! Super shots! Let me know when you're ever in NYC again!

Sandy

I have to keep looking athat carousel shot..it really ahve such a wonderful mood to it...nice work charles...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I am sorry I did not get to meet up with you. Bryant park is full of events all summer long. Always lots of interesting characters in the city.
    That carousel pic has a dreamy mood to it, possibly from the plastic over it. I like it alot. A unique photo of a carousel piece with a covering, with soft pastel like colors and dreamy sort of feel. The clear part of the covering frames it well, not a perfect rectangle which makes it interesting, and the shadows and texture of the covering all adds to this being a nice image. I, like , Natalie find that I like to keep looking this one over.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information