ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Charles Hess in NYC...message/pics/update

I met Charles Hess this afternoon in NYC. We walked around Manhatten snapping away. He's not just a great photographer......but lots of fun!

He asked me to post a message. If anyone that hasn't contacted him by email or phone is still interested in getting together with him this week (through Thursday), please email me (not Charles, but Liz). I will then forward his cell phone number to you so you can contact him personally. My email - Marymarla @ aol.com (no spaces)

In the meantime.....here he is in person (pic a bit overexposed). Well, we can't all be a Charles, can we?

2nd pic - Look at all those people! I love street fairs in NY

3rd - Man's best friend.....and his master

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Charles Hess in NYC...message/pics/update-charlesint.jpg   Charles Hess in NYC...message/pics/update-streetfair.jpg   Charles Hess in NYC...message/pics/update-man-dog.jpg  

I'm SO BUMMED I really(X10) wanted to meet Charles and see you and the Paul and everyone else...darn it...(sniffle) darn it....

someday...I love the guy and his pooch Liz...
    and the one of Charles...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Unfortunately

I won't be able to meet him. I feel like a jerk, I just called him to cancel. I hated doing that, but my flights were all delayed coming home from Houston last night - and my Delta flight via Atlanta [where I think if a single drop falls from the sky, they think it's falling and they close the airport] ended up touching down on the runway at 1:15 in the morning. So I didn't get home until 2:30... And I have to be at work at 8a.m.! Needless to say, my brain is toast. I'm useless. So I'm going home to go to sleep.

No Charles Hess for me, but I'm glad he was able to meet up with others. Hopefully, I'll meet up with him sometime when I'm fully conscious.

Megan

Unfortunately, I didn't knw the plans!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Liz

Unhappy Janie.........clarification........

Janie,
    If I remember correctly, I thought Charles said you were going to meet him Weds (or was it Tuesday). Email me at Marymarla @ aol.com (no spaces) and I'll give you his cell phone number. If you have his cell phone number, he is leaving it on. He was looking forward to seeing you. Maybe there's a lack of communication? He will be here through Thursday. He is at the Howard Johnson Hotel by Penn Station, but you should be able to get him by phone.

Liz

Hi all ...

Sorry that plans didn't work out as expected. I spoke with Megan last night, so we're cool for another time. Janie, sorry, I thought it was left that Tuesady would be an evening we could get together, but didn't hear back from anyone. I am meeting Sandee today, hoping to do an impromptu model shoot with Sandee's lovely daughter.

Liz, it was wonderful meeting and hanging out with you for those 3+ hours. We got some great shots(except the one of me, of course), and the one I took of you and Ben Kingsley(remember?) turned out quite well. I'll post some pics when I get back. I think I've walked about 50 miles since Sunday. :-)

Oh yeah, I did get to B&H...what a place...of course I left there with a $220 dent in my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Janie,
    If I remember correctly, I thought Charles said you were going to meet him Weds (or was it Tuesday). Email me at Marymarla @ aol.com (no spaces) and I'll give you his cell phone number. If you have his cell phone number, he is leaving it on. He was looking forward to seeing you. Maybe there's a lack of communication? He will be here through Thursday. He is at the Howard Johnson Hotel by Penn Station, but you should be able to get him by phone.

Liz

Liz

Cool Hey Charles!

It's good to hear from you. Gee, now I'm wondering where that $224 went.....

I just emailed Janie your cell phone # (it's 10:15 a.m. Weds) so she should be calling you today hopefully.

Have a wonderful time for the next 2 days - I hope you and Janie work something out.

Liz

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Oh yeah, I did get to B&H...what a place...of course I left there with a $220 dent in my credit card.

That's it?!?!?!?!??!

Megan

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Anything going on tomorrow evening? Yesterday ended up totally shot and I didn't get a chance to call (sorry!), but things here at work have settled down now, so I should be able to take a half day or at least leave early tomorrow (famous last words). Oh and I was e-mailed your cell # Charles, but of course it's at home (doh!).

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There he is!

That's a cute dog you've got, Charles
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    That's a cute dog you've got, Charles
    Yeah I didn't knew you were that young Charles, and I never would have imagined you with that hairdo ;)

Liz

Danielle........."Mig"

I sent you an email with Charles' phone #. In case you can't get it from work - he's at the Howard Johnson Hotel near Penn Station in Manhatten. His schedule is open - and he's looking forward to hearing from you.........

Liz

Yeah, right... P-J and Berrywise...

I wish I were that young and with that much hair...the dog, I'd rather have one that actually looked like a dog. In case you guys missed it, I'm the 'slightly' older guy in the first pic. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by berrywise
    Yeah I didn't knew you were that young Charles, and I never would have imagined you with that hairdo ;)

Thread Information