ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Recent photo of youngest daughter

Thought I would post this of my youngest daughter taken yesterday just before her Ten Pin Bowling birthday party. She has recent had her hair cut, following in her older sisters footsteps.

http://www.memoriesinphotos.com/copp...?album=2&pos=4

Hope everyone is well.

Re: Recent photo of youngest daughter

Great shots! What a beautiful girl! She has great facial features and beautiful eyes!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I took one of both my daughters but it is blurred and isn't salvageable unfortunately. It was really hard to meter in the bowling alley with all the different lighting. I also made the mistake of setting the camera to 800 ISO and had the camera on P mode which is something I don't use too often, was trying it out because of the lighting. Not to matter, can take shots again of the both of them, although this was one occassion that they were co-operating.

You know you can join my website and have your own galleries there Janie if you like.

I set it up so I can keep my images all in one place instead of posting here and there on forums.

These are my girls, but the photo is a little blurred unfortunately and can't save it any better than this.

http://www.memoriesinphotos.com/copp...up&cat=0&pos=1

The obligatory cake cutting photo but look at the interesting in the cake from the sidelines.

http://www.memoriesinphotos.com/copp...up&cat=0&pos=0

Peter, your girls are very pretty, and looking so grown up these days!

I love the shot of Jorgia at the bowling party. Very cute pose. Tell her I like her hair cut a lot!!
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    I took one of both my daughters but it is blurred and isn't salvageable unfortunately. It was really hard to meter in the bowling alley with all the different lighting. I also made the mistake of setting the camera to 800 ISO and had the camera on P mode which is something I don't use too often, was trying it out because of the lighting. Not to matter, can take shots again of the both of them, although this was one occassion that they were co-operating.

You know you can join my website and have your own galleries there Janie if you like.

I set it up so I can keep my images all in one place instead of posting here and there on forums.
    What a beautiful young woman. You must be proud.

Since it sounds like you are doing your own website I thought I'd let you know that I get a Syntax error in line 66 pop up on display of each new picture. I'm using Windows 98 so maybe it's just that it isn't made to run on dinosaurs. The site looks great.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Nice light.

Peter, I love the lighting on this one. Looks like bounced with fill?

Beautiful young face.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Re: Nice light.

Yes Walter it was bouncing the flash, not something I do that often on camera, and the surrounding lighting was confusing things a bit as well.

That is probably the best shot I have been able to get of her so far, she is getting a bit more confident in front of cameras.

Thanks Lara,

They both are growing up fast. Norel the eldest had her high school orientation day on Thursday, was all a little too fast for me.

Thanks for letting me know Chunk I will have a look at it, trouble is the script is universal script, much like vBulletin is for these boards and tracking down the culprit can take some time.

Thanks for the comment about the site as well.

lovely sweetie

shhhhh and don't listen ...I LOVE her her short...BUT it makes her look so grown up

it was bound to happen I guess...beautiful girls and you should be a proud papa
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Thanks Lara,

They both are growing up fast. Norel the eldest had her high school orientation day on Thursday, was all a little too fast for me.
    I understand how you feel Peter. I have a son and daughter who are grown, and both have children of their own. I don't know where the time went! Enjoy every moment.

I love the grand kids a ton, but I sure do miss the days of my children's youth. I was one of those weird Mom's who loved having my kids and their friends around. My front door was always opened and the house full of the madness of children coming and going. I still have vivid memories of my son with his band blaring away in the basement, and my daughter with her friends giggling, and full of mischief. I miss those days!
    Lara

Thread Information