ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Caution Women at Work

Here are a few images some may find interesting. Not intended to be examples of great photography, but they do show a different side of women's work. This young lady is just over 5 ft tall but works on animals that weight a ton and handles them as easily as some would a kitten.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caution Women at Work-dsc_4365.jpg   Caution Women at Work-smoke-2.jpg   Caution Women at Work-dsc_4390.jpg  

Re: Caution Women at Work

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Here are a few images some may find interesting. Not intended to be examples of great photography, but they do show a different side of women's work. This young lady is just over 5 ft tall but works on animals that weight a ton and handles them as easily as some would a kitten.
    If it doesn't fall into the "great photography" category, it does at least belong in the "Pretty damn good" category. I think that third shot is especially good. Put that with your lady blacksmith shot and you have the start of a good series.

Damn, that's gotta hurt! (not the woman, but the horse) I couldn't imagine someone driving spikes into my feet. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by CaSousa
    Damn, that's gotta hurt! (not the woman, but the horse) I couldn't imagine someone driving spikes into my feet. Ouch!
    When it is done right by a pro, like she is, it's about the same a cliping your fingernails. There are no nerves in the outer part of the hoof where the shoe is nailed in place. This horse never flinched a muscle thru the whole process.

Camera Mule

Yeah, it sure looks painful, but its actually not too bad

The outer parts of the hoof arn't really sensitive at all, its only the inner part which is called the frog that is sensitive, you've gotta be careful cleaning that area with a hoof pick.

Also, the horse would be re-distributing his weight on his other legs, so you'd be just lifting the weight of the leg alone, which isn't too bad, depending on how big he is of course!

Larry, your photos are so rich and interesting. These are no acception! I always look forward to seeing your name up there with a new post.
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Larry, your photos are so rich and interesting. These are no acception! I always look forward to seeing your name up there with a new post.
    That is a very nice complement Lara, thanks so much. If I had to discribe myself as a photographer I think it would be "everyday photographer". I shoot what I see and what I'm doing that day. I think most of my work is in something of a journalist format, but certainly not always. I just love documenting the world around me. Much of what I do is scrapbook material or photo album stuff, but I make a lot of family and friends happy with the images they get. Every once in a while I do something that even I like and it makes it all worth while.

You're welcome Larry.
    Your photos tell a story and emote such good feelings. It's something I wish I could do nearly as well. Maybe some day!!

Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Lara

I love the post of the last one and I agree about the series...they would be fun in BW too---

especially that last one...the line of her shoulders and the way her body is twisted....I thought It was really beautiful.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information