ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Men & Women at Work

Viewfinder fans seemed to have embraced a couple of Nat's thread lately that have given a lot of people and opportunity to participate. How about if we use a variation of a theme that we use every once in a while. I'm calling it Men and/or Women at Work, we did one not to long ago on our own work place but this thread can depict anyone at work of somekind. I'll kick it off with a picture of my son Sam and his wife Kate hard at work. Hope you enjoy.

Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-work.jpg  

Liz

Talking Great Idea!

I'll have to try to find a nice photo, but wanted to say it's a great idea. Since things are usually slower on the weekends, it might go a little slow til everyone is back to "work"

BTW, OT, I didn't reply to your post including the pic of you and your wife because it takes about 5+ minutes to get into the longer threads with pics and I don't often go there. I did manage to get a photo uploaded though. But I wanted to say that your wife is beautiful - and you look like the perfect couple. Wonderful image. ;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Viewfinder fans seemed to have embraced a couple of Nat's thread lately that have given a lot of people and opportunity to participate. How about if we use a variation of a theme that we use every once in a while. I'm calling it Men and/or Women at Work, we did one not to long ago on our own work place but this thread can depict anyone at work of somekind. I'll kick it off with a picture of my son Sam and his wife Kate hard at work. Hope you enjoy.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I'll have to try to find a nice photo, but wanted to say it's a great idea. Since things are usually slower on the weekends, it might go a little slow til everyone is back to "work"

BTW, OT, I didn't reply to your post including the pic of you and your wife because it takes about 5+ minutes to get into the longer threads with pics and I don't often go there. I did manage to get a photo uploaded though. But I wanted to say that your wife is beautiful - and you look like the perfect couple. Wonderful image. ;)

Liz
    Thanks Liz for the nice complement. I know that weekends can be very slow. We all have activities and agenda items that keep us tied up on the weekends, but it's also a great time for photographs so hopefully many of our regulars will be back Monday with lots of new images to share.

I guess you could say they were working because they did get paid (probably about enough to pay the tab which was pretty small - like the crowd ). This is a friend's band who played last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-dscf0121.jpg  

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    I guess you could say they were working because they did get paid (probably about enough to pay the tab which was pretty small - like the crowd ). This is a friend's band who played last night.
    Very nice I like the motion of the guitiar player and the expression of the drummer. And yeah it looks like work to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer

Larry
    Great shot. I'll bet they have all the marrige squabbles settled before doing this kind of work.

I found this fellow painting whatever that part of a working boat is called where US highway 70 ends at the little fishing port in Atlantic, NC. I guess the sign says it all about a fisherman's way of life. The work's never done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-111.jpg  

Not were I would go

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Great shot. I'll bet they have all the marrige squabbles settled before doing this kind of work.

I found this fellow painting whatever that part of a working boat is called where US highway 70 ends at the little fishing port in Atlantic, NC. I guess the sign says it all about a fisherman's way of life. The work's never done.
    Not where I would go. I don't mind doing a little painting but I prefere to stay a little closer to the ground. Nice catch Chunk.

That's The Outrigger

It's what they use to put the nets out and pull them in with.

Atlantic is down the road from where I live! I worked that part of the county for 6 years. Still get down there from time to time.

And you're not the only one who took a photo of that sign!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-misery-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

North Carolina Empties

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    It's what they use to put the nets out and pull them in with.

Atlantic is down the road from where I live! I worked that part of the county for 6 years. Still get down there from time to time.

And you're not the only one who took a photo of that sign!
    I really enjoyed the working boats and people down east. This picture is evidence of how the fisherfolk must relax after a successful day on the scallop beds. This was at the foot of the pier to the right of where the sign is.
    How was the first hurricane of the season a week or two ago?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-ncempties.jpg  

Larry, I think it's a great idea. On another forum I visit they have a words/no words forum where someone posts a photo with a subject title and everyone is encouraged to post photos with a similiar theme. They can comment but don't have to. Since people at work is a ongoing theme for me I have a few to post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-shoemaker.jpg   Men & Women at Work-newstand.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Talking How was the first hurricane of the season

I really enjoyed the working boats and people down east. This picture is evidence of how the fisherfolk must relax after a successful day on the scallop beds. This was at the foot of the pier to the right of where the sign is.
    How was the first hurricane of the season a week or two ago?

Alex didn't do much to us. We got about five or six inches of rain out of it. Normally, we get 10 to 12 inches of rain out of a hurricane. Portsmouth and Ocracoke got some overwash, and Ocracoke lost 22 power poles. They have restored power and are letting visitors back onto the island now.

We went to Greenville on Tuesday, while Alex was passing by. Stopped at ASAP Photo and it was my lucky day! I got a Stroboframe quick flip flash brackett, SC-28 sync cord, a MB-16 battery pack, and a Pentax 50mm f1.4 lens. I had a VERY GOOD day! :-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Few more

That is my daughter doing her homework.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men & Women at Work-streetvender.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    

These are great Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    That is my daughter doing her homework.

These are great Gerry. Just what I hoped people would post, and everyone done in your unique style. Thanks

Thread Information