ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Smile Pictures of my dog

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so if this is the wrong place please move it to the right place.

These are some Christmas pictures of my dog Zoe. I usually do holiday pictures of her, I also have 4th of July and Halloween pics and hoping to take some V-day pics this weekend.

These are shot with a Nikon D70 and Halogen shop lights as my makeshift studio. I cannot wait til I can actually get a set of real studio lights. Anyways....my favorite model:

Re: Pictures of my dog

I just love dogs, and i wish my dogs were as good a model as your zoe... those are some very nice images...thanks for sharing! and good luck on the lights

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thank you!!

Is she a beagle?

We got a beagle for Xmas, she totally rocks. Except for the chewing, still working on that.

I like the second best. The wrapping paper is a cute idea, but I think it takes away from the dog a bit.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

drg

Awww, how cute. The 2nd is indeed a goody but I also like the fourth. Perhaps a little more dog and less background, still. . .

I think you stole my Christmas wrapping paper . . .

Dog pics are some of my favorites, and thus I am biased. Working on that list of cameras, but less than $100 is rather limiting. Some fine new ones for not much more.

Looking forward to more of you work.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thanks. Yes she is a beagle and she is 2 &1/2 years old. They always like to chew, you just have to replace the wrong things with the right things over and over until they get it. I will post up V-day pics if I take some this weekend.

The background is fabric though, just so everyone knows.

About the cameras. I am thinking I may go over $100. Cuz I really want a camera that I can use just for hanging out, like we are going bowling tomorrow with another couple, and I dont have a camera to take cuz I really dont want to haul my D70 there. I may try to find something at wal-mart tomorrow. My fiance said I could get one for $100, but maybe if he pays for part and I pay for part I can go a little over.

4th of July photo

Halloween photo:

drg

Most of the Wal-Marts will let you play with the cameras including if you want to take a couple of test shots then you can get them printed right there to see how they look.

Cameras in this price range 'new' include some decent ones; "FE" series from Olympus and there's a SD series from Canon that produce fairly decent photos. Don't expect super fast response from the camera, i.e. some shutter release lag is to be expected. I'd avoid the lower price HP and the Polaroid cameras unless one just really strikes your fancy.

Let us know what you find. And Photo John of course will say "post a review".

Best wishes and will look forward to bowling snaps.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thread Information