ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photo hosting recommendation?

I need somewhere to upload my photos so I can let people view them in one place. I have been looking at photo hosting sites, and Smugmug looks like the best I have seen. However, if there are other options, please let me know of any other photo hosting sites I should consider.

Thanks!

snapfish.com

For basic sharing (with family and friends sorta thing)for professional---I can't recommend any...snapfish.comhas worked really well for me for about two years...they also allow you to keep albums up for a long time(2years so far) and they allow you to customize it to how much access others have to your pics...

my two cents ;)
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-06-2004 at 08:37 AM.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Mornin' Steve,

I've always used WebShots. Been with them for almost 5 years (I think) and have never had a problem. Heck, I even opted for their pay for service option.

Good luck in your quest!
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Pbase.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lutz
    I need somewhere to upload my photos so I can let people view them in one place. I have been looking at photo hosting sites, and Smugmug looks like the best I have seen. However, if there are other options, please let me know of any other photo hosting sites I should consider.

Thanks!
    I've been using pbase.com for about 6 months. It is so popular that occasionally they trip off the line. I haven't had good luck direct linking to this fourm either. But, all in all, they provide a pretty good place to put images. I pay about $23.00 a year for all the storage I can use.

-john
    PHL 4-6
    http://www.pbase.com/gammon

Lightbulb phototalk.net

I post pics on 3 albums at phototalk.net. To post unlimited pics in these albums, you need to donate a few bucks $10 - $15 or maybe even less! The webmaster will set up your website with one or more url's which you name. If you want only 1 album, you will have 1 url. There is no additional charge for more than 1 album. There are no yearly fees. You can also post up to 3 pics daily on the general member gallery where members may comment and rate your pics. For your albums, you may post as many pics as you want. You can also add captions, highlight a pic for your homepage, rotate pics, etc. For the member gallery, you can only post 3 pics per 24 hours.

You must agree that you own the copyrights to the images you will post. In other words, the images must be your own property and not pirated from other photographers. Unlike a certain intranet service provider which will remain un named, your images cannot be used by the members or visitors to phototalk.net.
    Last edited by alxmtn; 02-08-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Caveat

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lutz
    Before using any hosting site, actually read the agreement instead of just clicking "Yes." Many sites have you granting them unlimited licensing rights to anything you post.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Photo.net-Free

Photonet a place where I think you still have some photos. You can place up to 100 photos for free. For $25 (yearly) subscription you can post up to 200 in addition to other member features. I post links from there all of the time. You can post your Gerald Widen Photos pages a few different ways.

Thread Information