ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The First Time Rebel

Figured i'd just make a photo gallery. I totally need to adjust the flash - wayyyyy too high! And the shadows, you'll notice, are kinda green. This batch was on action, since I detest using flash to shoot in clubs... and just for comparison reasons, I shot the last few live music chots with a flash - ya totally lose all ambiance! (BTW, these are right out of the camera, no edits at all).

http://bizfx.com/saint/
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Re: The First Time Rebel

Janie, certainly the ones without flash are a little how you going. The thing you will have to get used to a bit with digital is that they will need to have some unsharpen masking done to them to sharpen the images as well. Also you will find it much easier to take the images in RAW mode and adjust the raw image how you want to adjust, as you are working technically on the negative.

Get that in the old grey cells (no insult intended, I'm nearly 51) and you will be off to a good start.

Nice background in the album.

I'm wondering if I need to adjust the flash setting since my friend ended up without a nose in shots with flashes (in the beginning shots). I love the cat shot and my poor doggie.
    You know, I chipped my 300 MM lens today - today, i'm so MAD! Hopefully you won't see it too much on the photos, it's teeny, but may look like lil black freckles on shots. argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Janie, certainly the ones without flash are a little how you going. The thing you will have to get used to a bit with digital is that they will need to have some unsharpen masking done to them to sharpen the images as well. Also you will find it much easier to take the images in RAW mode and adjust the raw image how you want to adjust, as you are working technically on the negative.

Get that in the old grey cells (no insult intended, I'm nearly 51) and you will be off to a good start.

Nice background in the album.

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Bugger, and do you have a filter on the lens at the front or not. Sorry to hear you chipped it, will insurance cover repairs to it.

Yes the cat photo is really nice, but again as I said, needs a little sharpening.

You are up very early in the morning, it is 7pm here in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Bugger, and do you have a filter on the lens at the front or not. Sorry to hear you chipped it, will insurance cover repairs to it.

Yes the cat photo is really nice, but again as I said, needs a little sharpening.

You are up very early in the morning, it is 7pm here in Sydney.

yeah. Um, actually, i'm up pretty late. It is 4:35 AM here lol
    Guess I should go to bed before the sun comes up
    didn't i tell you i'm like a vampire? lol

Member:

The shadows are green because of the stage lighting. That is totally normal for theatre-type lights. It looks like she's got both red and green lights on her, and when the red light is blocked by an object (her body, the microphone, etc.), then the green shows up. When they shine together, they make more of a warm white color.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thread Information