Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Flordia
    Posts
    5

    Post Digital Rebel Buying

    Hi, I am a 15-year-old photographer with a Canon Rebel 2000 SLR camera. I have heavily researched the Canon Digital Rebel and I have fallen in love with it for all of its features it has that my regular 35mm does not. I have wanted to make the switch to a Digital SLR but they were way too expensive. Finally the price of the Rebel has come down to around 700 dollars online. I would love to get this camera to further my photography but I don't have the money. I am unable to get hired by a store because I am too young and my only source for income is odd jobs around the house like mowing lawns, babysitting for neighbors, ect. In the future I would like to sell my photos at craft fairs. I have one some awards for my pictures and I take pride in them. But for me there are so many advantages to switching to digital, such as not paying for film and developing. I spend most of the money I make doing those too things and some of the pictures don't even turn out good! I was thinking that maybe out of the kindness of your heart you would donate to help me get this Canon Digital Rebel. All I need is 750 dollars. If many people donated perhaps 3 or even 5 dollars, I would be able to get this camera in no time. All it takes is the kindness of one photographer to another. I would really like this camera to further my photography. If you are interested, send me a PM or email me at whyareyou@gmail.com and we can talk. I am going to set up a pay pal account to make it easer to donate. I would appreciate this thread not be deleted as it is not spam, just my plea for help :-) Thank you all for listening.

    Chris

    PS: I'm not going to just come here, get money and drop the forum. I just found this forum and I am here to stay, because photography is something I really have a passion for, just like many of you.

  2. #2
    Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perryville, MD
    Posts
    926

    Trolling...

    Quote Originally Posted by iranintoavan
    Hi, I am a 15-year-old photographer with a Canon Rebel 2000 SLR camera. I have heavily researched the Canon Digital Rebel and I have fallen in love with it for all of its features it has that my regular 35mm does not. I have wanted to make the switch to a Digital SLR but they were way too expensive. Finally the price of the Rebel has come down to around 700 dollars online. I would love to get this camera to further my photography but I don't have the money. I am unable to get hired by a store because I am too young and my only source for income is odd jobs around the house like mowing lawns, babysitting for neighbors, ect. In the future I would like to sell my photos at craft fairs. I have one some awards for my pictures and I take pride in them. But for me there are so many advantages to switching to digital, such as not paying for film and developing. I spend most of the money I make doing those too things and some of the pictures don't even turn out good! I was thinking that maybe out of the kindness of your heart you would donate to help me get this Canon Digital Rebel. All I need is 750 dollars. If many people donated perhaps 3 or even 5 dollars, I would be able to get this camera in no time. All it takes is the kindness of one photographer to another. I would really like this camera to further my photography. If you are interested, send me a PM or email me at whyareyou@gmail.com and we can talk. I am going to set up a pay pal account to make it easer to donate. I would appreciate this thread not be deleted as it is not spam, just my plea for help :-) Thank you all for listening.

    Chris

    PS: I'm not going to just come here, get money and drop the forum. I just found this forum and I am here to stay, because photography is something I really have a passion for, just like many of you.
    This is exactly the same text you entered over on dpreview (I'm a lurker there). I think most of those replies got it right. If you start begging instead of working at 15 what is the rest of your life going to be like? Yes, you can get lots of jobs at 15!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

  3. #3
    Budding Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Earth
    Posts
    40
    When I was 15, I took a job with a local networking firm as their main web developer and assisted in networking jobs. Starting pay was $5.75. Later that summer I began doing private contract work designing web sites for another company at $10 an hour.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Flordia
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    This is exactly the same text you entered over on dpreview (I'm a lurker there). I think most of those replies got it right. If you start begging instead of working at 15 what is the rest of your life going to be like? Yes, you can get lots of jobs at 15!
    If you would have read my posts over there you would have realized that I am unable to get a job where I live at 15 and I have tried many times to no luck. Maybe where you live you can get jobs at 15 but not here.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Flordia
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by r3dline
    When I was 15, I took a job with a local networking firm as their main web developer and assisted in networking jobs. Starting pay was $5.75. Later that summer I began doing private contract work designing web sites for another company at $10 an hour.
    I have tried many times at many different places. (By the way, my grandma lives in Lexington and we go there many times a year.)

  6. #6
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mineral Point, WI, USA
    Posts
    7,562
    Hey Iranintoavan,

    You sound very sincere in your quest for the new DRebel. I don't blame you. I have one, and I love it!!! I would be happy to send you the money to buy a new one. But before I do that, could everyone who uses this website, please send me $5 to make my house payment this month?

    Oh, BTW, and I had my 1st job, making $100/week when I was 13. If you have to resort to begging at 15 then I have 4 words for you, "want fries with that?" Good luck in your quest for employment!
    Mike

    My website
    Twitter
    Blog


    "I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

  7. #7
    Budding Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Earth
    Posts
    40
    Lexington, it's a pretty nice little town...

    But anyway. At 15...it's perhaps somewhat difficult to find a high paying job, yes. But by the time you're 16...it's almost impossible to NOT get hired at a local McDonalds or Wal-Mart or Kroger...or some place like that. Hey...it's money. But if you're having problems, my apologies, and I wish you better luck. I'd love to buy you a camera myself, but hey...my 300D is on credit. I'm pretty much broke as a joke, myself. LoL

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    LAFAYETTE,LA
    Posts
    113
    hey guy,good luck with the camera.the thing to do is ask your relatives to all chip in for xmas and bithday,and you can save as long as it takes.im 37 ,i had to save for my camera for a year.i have a great job,and make good money.but the camera was not in the BUDGET.
    save,and i know youll get one.try to find you a cheap digital for the time being.you can buy them for 30.00.
    you sound ambitious,pray about it,and whats meant to happen ,happens.keep me posted.no doubt it sounds like you take it pretty serious,to have the gonads to ask like that,thats not a bad try.you never know,somebody might send you some money,or camera.
    goodluck
    freelance1031@aol.com
    WHY CANT WE ALL ,JUST GET ALONG!!

  9. #9
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mineral Point, WI, USA
    Posts
    7,562
    These guys are right. Keep looking and something is bound to turn up sooner or later. If you have to wait a while to make the purchase, that's ok, the DRebel is worth it. If I had the extra $ to thro around, I would send some your way, but like r3dline, mine is on credit too... Good luck, and I'm sure all of us would love to see some of your work posted!
    Mike

    My website
    Twitter
    Blog


    "I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Flordia
    Posts
    5
    Thanks, to everyone, at least yall were kinder than the bunch at dpreview.com. I knew I probably wouldnt get any money from this and it would look pretty lame. But I thought hey what the heck maybe theres some rich guy out there with nothing better to do with his money. I found a drebel for only $565 body only. So I am gonna keep saving for that.

  11. #11
    Mr. Indecent Exposure
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7

    The misguided youth photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by iranintoavan
    Thanks, to everyone, at least yall were kinder than the bunch at dpreview.com. I knew I probably wouldnt get any money from this and it would look pretty lame. But I thought hey what the heck maybe theres some rich guy out there with nothing better to do with his money. I found a drebel for only $565 body only. So I am gonna keep saving for that.

    I'll keep my thoughts about you begging for money online to myself, but I will advise you not to get your hopes up in terms of the prices you're seeing online. I can pretty much guarantee you will not get the Digital Rebel body for $565, or even $700. There's a reason it sells for $1000 everywhere else.

    Do yourself a favor and check some customer reviews on these sites you're looking at. A lot of web retailers offer absurdly low prices (like the $565) and have you call to confirm the sale. When you call they try to talk you into all sorts of accessories and such. If you say you just want the item by itself, they will either hang up on you or tell you that the order is cancelled.

    Best of luck

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    97
    I bought mine over at newegg.com The price flucuates over there, but right now the body alone is at $799. Newegg's a site I highly reccomend, especially for computer parts (I bought a keyboard once and, with shipping, it was still cheaper than ones around here). They're always really fast too. All my photo equip aside from the camera and memory card, though, i've bought at BH photo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Digital Rebel Kit Vs. Body Only
    By Dwimmerlaik in forum Digital SLRs
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:33 AM
  2. Just Ordered Digital Rebel
    By tubaman2010 in forum ViewFinder
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 08:21 AM
  3. Focus assist light on Digital Rebel
    By lukechip in forum Digital SLRs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 02:34 PM
  4. Digital Rebel Hack to 10D.
    By mjm in forum ViewFinder
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •