ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All Inclusive

Vince-
    We're all about including everyone. No special requirements to be a part of this community other than a passion for photography. There are other sites you can go to if you want to be part of some sort of photographic elite. We're here to share our love and continued interest in photography. That's it. We're happy to have you join us.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Jeeeeezus

I was too busy working to notice that post, Sebastian. Not gonna ban you though. But maybe you'd better keep an eye on your avatar. Wouldn't want something embarrasing showing up there, would you now.

Muuuhahahahahahahahahahah!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

No place I'd rather call home! Thanks for the love! And if yall havn't banned sab yet, I guess I'm welcome too.
    Vince Cheney
    The most magnificent power is the ability to freeze time!

Everyone's harmless here...

I think. PJ runs a great site, and the antics of Sebastian, Asylum Steve et al, keeps this place nice and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    No place I'd rather call home! Thanks for the love! And if yall havn't banned sab yet, I guess I'm welcome too.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hey Vince

Welcome aboard man

I see that you came in a little apprehensively, perhaps expecting rejection. I hope that those fears were dismissed as you were greeted with lots of love and acceptance I value difference as a gem of life, please don't ever appologize for it. Celebrate it! You have a magical gift to give (love for the process) that many of us here seem to have lost. THAT'S what you can bring, right off the bat, without ever posting a pic!

I too have been in love with the snap of a manual camera. It is very satisfying. - sometimes I sit in my room and just fire off the shutter of my camera to make that noise, no film inside, just love! - To me that means you have a love for the process, not the result, which is fine. I appreciate that. Too many of us already have our heads in the darkroom as soon as we snap the shutter. I hope you will continue to post your passion for the process and hopefully it will rub off on some of us more "results-oriented" photographers

I used film exclusively for years and now also shoot digital. I carry it in my pocket and love the abilitty to shoot on the fly and see what I shot to make sure it's "right" (subjectively defined) I will NEVER give up on film! It's too wonderful! To make myself sound like a fool, I actually like the wait of getting your prints back, flipping through, complaining about the printing done, them showing them to my friends or passig them around the room to show off. That's harder with digital.

To show you how much I love this place, I'll tell you that one of the main reasons I bought a digital was so I could post pictures up here faster No lie. I got tired ot taking a great shot then waiting to get it back, scanned, posted, etc.

Yes, I qualify as a PR junkie

Anyway, just to say welcome and you BETTER BE DIFFERENT I challenge you to. Anything else would be a cop-out. And don't forget - if you don't separate film from digital, then you have a better chance of being an influence on thoes that are different. Just a thought.

ps - I have a scanner for sale, for $40. If you still need one, please message me.

Welcome,
    Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I'm still at the point in my life where out of 6 rolls of film, I get 3 images I really like and get blown up... I'm going to scan some pics when I get the chance but understand that's the selct few, unfortunatly all my prints don't turn out so good. I have a bad habit of snapping to fast. I'm hoping I get out of that in the next few weeks and learn to look at the shot a lot more before taking it!
    Vince Cheney
    The most magnificent power is the ability to freeze time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information