ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: My 100th Post

Pentax Forum Moderator

My 100th Post

Hi all..well...only about a month and a half and I already have 99 posts...hehe...either I don't have a life or I think this is a really great site...hint...the second statement is correct. I have been thinking about this for a few days and thought I'd put my life long love before photography (nonreal things) as my 100th post. It took me about 30 years to be able to afford it. It is one of my pride and joys of my life. Also in the picture are 3 other prides and joys. In the upper right corner are 3 of my grandchildren. I decided to leave them in since I have titled this picture...my pride and joy. The guitar is a 1999 Fender American Standard Stratocaster. I had owned several inexpensive copies over the years but could never justify the cost of one of these fine instruments. I hope you like the shot.
    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 100th Post-100_1359pr.jpg  

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: My 100th Post

Congrats on the 100th post Ken. A very fine looking instrument you have there. I bet it sounds every bit as good as it looks!!!! I have been picking up my 6 sting a little more lately. I really need to get back into it... so many hobbies, so little time. Damn this stupid job...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Talking Re: My 100th Post

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Hi all..well...only about a month and a half and I already have 99 posts...hehe...either I don't have a life or I think this is a really great site...hint...the second statement is correct. I have been thinking about this for a few days and thought I'd put my life long love before photography (nonreal things) as my 100th post. It took me about 30 years to be able to afford it. It is one of my pride and joys of my life. Also in the picture are 3 other prides and joys. In the upper right corner are 3 of my grandchildren. I decided to leave them in since I have titled this picture...my pride and joy. The guitar is a 1999 Fender American Standard Stratocaster. I had owned several inexpensive copies over the years but could never justify the cost of one of these fine instruments. I hope you like the shot.
    Ken

Congratulations on reaching 100 Ken! Next thing you know, you'll be posting number 1000. ;-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Lake Placid Blue with a Maple board, can't go wrong there!

Glad to have you around!

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Ken
    Hey congrats on the big 100!

BTW in the last 2 months I have made over 500 posts, so you must have some kinda life going on...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Looks like a wonderful collection of prize possesions. Odd how many photogs are also musicians.

Personally I'm a percussion man, but nice axe ya got there.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx all...yeah...I've been a musician all my life...mostly vocals...but I play many instruments including guitar, keyboards, a little bit of drums, some woodwinds and anything I can get my hands on, especially the steering wheel of my car which takes a terrible beating when a great song comes on the stereo. hehe...I also have a mild interest in "art" and of course "photography" among other things. I'm really hoping to expand my photography now...and this site is really helping alot.
    Ken

Thread Information