ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Monday Night Football

Did anyone watch the game on TV last night?

Did anyone see my sign? It would have been in the second half of the game, and I think it was on TV because the ABC cameraman came by and took a closeup of it.

It said: "Fred Gaudelli, Put me on TV!" And then I had an abc logo and a big smiley face, and underneath it I had "www.photographyREVIEW.com ROCKS"

I have no clue if they put it on TV, or if Fred just wanted a shot of it for himself upstairs.

I can't post any pictures just yet because my batteries are completely drained (argh! a miscalculation that lost me a few good moments at the end of the game). Once I get a battery charged and my pictures downloaded, I'll post a couple.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Saw the game, but...

...was doing a lot of other stuff while it was on. During the times I was watching, I didn't see any shots of you and the sign...

Completely forgot you were going to be at the game, Kelly, otherwise I would have paid more attention (and probably taped it to get a screenshot).

GO PACK!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Ack!

I meant to watch it. I remember you saying that you would be there. I hear it was a kick ass game, though. A good one to have tickets for.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Ack!

It was a good game but honestly, our seats weren't that good. Yes, we were in the front row on the 30 yard line, but I think the only thing front-row seats are good for is if you want to get on TV (or watch cheerleaders). Much of our vision was obstructed a lot of the time by the bench, the players and coaches, etc. standing in front of the bench, the big net that the kicker practices into, and as the play would come down to our side of the field, so would all the media. The whole field is slightly mounded towards the middle, I noticed, but that didn't help much, the media people still got in the way.

I also think my camera got in the way of really enjoying the game. I couldn't get very good play shots, so I focused instead on the action on the bench and what was going on with the people in front of me.

I saw the first Packer touchdown right in front of us, but then all of a sudden I looked up and the scoreboard said Packers 28, and I was like, "when did those happen?? But they all happened on the other side of the field, the obstructed part. I think I was aware of them on some level, but I was quite distracted by my camera.

Then the last Packer touchdown happened right in front of us too, and I shot off three in a row of him running for the touchdown, but then my BATTERY WENT DEAD when he did the Lambeau leap and the guy fell out of the stands. ARGH!!! And then after the play, Brett Favre walked towards me in great view with no one in the way, and here I was with a dead battery.

But all in all it was fun. I have a hard time following the game when I go in person, anyway, and usually end up watching it on the jumbotron anyway. So the real reason to go to the game in person is to eat and drink and yell and dance and scream when the cameras come around. If I really want to see the game itself, I should stay home and watch it on TV.

Oh, and it was C O L D.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

this isn't the old PR anymore

Re: Monday Night Football

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Did anyone watch the game on TV last night?

Did anyone see my sign? It would have been in the second half of the game, and I think it was on TV because the ABC cameraman came by and took a closeup of it.

It said: "Fred Gaudelli, Put me on TV!" And then I had an abc logo and a big smiley face, and underneath it I had "www.photographyREVIEW.com ROCKS"

I have no clue if they put it on TV, or if Fred just wanted a shot of it for himself upstairs.

I can't post any pictures just yet because my batteries are completely drained (argh! a miscalculation that lost me a few good moments at the end of the game). Once I get a battery charged and my pictures downloaded, I'll post a couple.

hahahaha, i can;t believe you actually used my whacko idea. I am quite proud now, even if it didn;'t make it to TV, that a cameraman stopped by...it was ever so close to working :-)

-pete

Thread Information