ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I understood and I do appreciate your correcting my misunderstanding. I didn't think you were rude or anything - sorry if my reply gave that impression. The tree planting that I heard about was specifically for the Bean because the polished concave surfaces were concentrating sunlight and zapping driver's vision. Looks like I'll have something more to look at if I get down to look at the Seurat exhibit at the Art Institute in the next few weeks.
    Chunk,

If you're in the area, look me up. I'd love to meet you in person.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Hello all, My name is John and I am new to the group. As a new member of the group here, I thought I'd post a few shots that I took while at the park with Seb and friends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Millenium Park, what we were allowed to see...-arch.jpg   Millenium Park, what we were allowed to see...-burning-lights.jpg   Millenium Park, what we were allowed to see...-ghost-baby-2.jpg   Millenium Park, what we were allowed to see...-flare-building.jpg  

John,

The second one just kills me, it seriously looks like something out of a Sci-fi movie. The ghost parent is cool too. So many views of the same thing, all so similar, yet so different.
    -Seb

My website

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasqual12
    Hello all, My name is John and I am new to the group. As a new member of the group here, I thought I'd post a few shots that I took while at the park with Seb and friends.
    Nice work. I like the ghost especially.

I normally think that a "crowd" of people ruin a shot, but I like how they work in the second one. It wouldn't be nearly as good without the people. They're in precisely the right poses.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

HBT

eh.....

Didn't really come up with much I was happy with that night, aside from the fact that I had a great time with the guys. Still trying to get my bearings, got a long way to go....having fun though!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Talking Not posting anymore

O.K. after seeing everyone's take, I'm not posting anymore. The work is getting too good.

Really like the second one. I thought the right was distracting so I thought a crop might make it look a bit more abstract. Hope you don't mind.

Enjoyed hanging with everyone can't wait to do it again.

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Millenium Park, what we were allowed to see...-burning-lights.jpg  
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by HBT
    Didn't really come up with much I was happy with that night, aside from the fact that I had a great time with the guys. Still trying to get my bearings, got a long way to go....having fun though!
    Hieu,

Nice colors...was this shot RAW? I like the first one, the gradient from blue to white is awesome. Are you SURE you don't have more??
    -Seb

My website

testing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Hieu,

Nice colors...was this shot RAW? I like the first one, the gradient from blue to white is awesome. Are you SURE you don't have more??
    to see if my profile pic shows....

HBT
    Seb,

Yup, in RAW. I don't know about what else I've got, I really thought nothing of what I had honestly, but I'll get with you, maybe you'll see something I didn't.

~ Hieu
    "And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this: I was here. I existed. I was young, I was happy, and someone cared enough about me in this world to take my picture. "

Nice work everybody! Have to say Sebastian's shot #2 on the first page is probably my favorite of the series. Simple and it works.

Abe Vigoda is my idol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information