ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

internet stock photo pricing advice...

So, the company that wanted me to take photos is now looking for area stock photos to purchase for each office for use to fill spaces when they can't add in photos of houses (like a nearly condemned house, for example, they obviously won't put photos of the interior!). Basically it's usage will be fill space and the images will need to be sized 300K or under. I have photos for just about every town in this area and am trying to decide how to price this - should i do a per photo charge (I have approximately 5 photos per town), charge per town ( a freind thinks I can get $100 per town or more, but i don't want to price myself out of the running since they need multiple towns).

For little images, which will have my lil copyright symbol on every photo, what would you charge? I'm also trying to come up with a licensing agreement, which I have rough drafted below:

Two years UNLIMITED usage by COMPANY located at ADDRESS to use the photographs described on this document, with an image size not to exceed 640 pixels by 480 pixels, in one version only, for online advertisement. For use on website1, website2, website3 and website4 only. NO PRINT RIGHTS are granted in any form without an express license in writing. These photographs may not be used in any print advertisement for any purpose including revisions or electronic editions of printed work without said written license. NO PRINTED OR ELECTRONIC REVISIONS are granted with this license. Any additional usage, including said revisions must be negotiated with the copyright owner. fficeffice" />>>
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Re: internet stock photo pricing advice...

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Janie:

As long as each town is NOT aware of what another town is paying then, you can use the demographics of EACH town to determine "what the market will bear" in your pricing. Don't undercut yourself!

Your licensing agreement looks fairly boilerplate -- think about any specific provisions that you REALLY want to make sure are clearly outlined in your agreement and include them up front.

I think you are on your way -- and I congratulate you!

My Best to You,
    Penny
    Well, it's for the purpose of real estate offices using the town photos as fillers for when they don't have enough photos of a house - then they must sell an area, and certain companies are now requiring 6 or more photos mandatory or they will send out their own photographer and charge it back to the office. That is why I want to get in on this now. There are 64 towns in the area i'm covering and at 5 photos or so per town, that's 320 photos - so I deciding in a sliding scale rate per photo - for instance, 1-5 photos would be $39 each, 6-10 photos would be $37 each, and down per 5 photos all the way to the 320 photos mark! I think doing it that way will encourage them to buy more photos and we'll make more money and they will save more money. Win Win situation!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Re: internet stock photo pricing advice...

Janie,

Get yourself FotoQuote, it will pay for itself in no time. It not only helps you price out all sorts of different projects, but also prepares the quotes for you.

http://www.fotoquote.com/
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information